cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751 JT - Sound settings questions

Marsulici
Level 7
Hello,

I have my Asus G751 JT for about 1 month now and i can't seem to find the correct sound settings for my taste.

I know about the "imbalanced sound problem" and the fact that the sub-woofer acts as a normal speaker instead of LFE. This is not the discussion in this thread.

My question is related to the output settings.
I previously owned an MSI EX620x laptop with 2.1 sound system ( 2 speakers + 1 "sub-woofer" ).
I really enjoyed the sound and the settings on that laptop.
One thing i really liked was the option to play different audio streams : one on the laptop internal system ( spwakers + sub-woofer ) and another in the headphones/external setup.

There was an option in the realtek driver that specifically let me do this.
So for example i was playing Dota and Skyping with my friends : the game sound was comming out of the internal system and the skype call was coming through the headphones.

With my G751JT im'm not able to find the correct settings to do this.

Does anyone know how to do this ? Can we get an updated driver to do this ?

Also in the windows sound setup, under the speakers specifications i had a separate tab on my old laptop for "Dolby Audio" that had aditional settings for bass and other.
I was hoping to have the same or someting close to this.

Any information on the above wouldd be appreciated.
Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11

Marsulici
Level 7
Hello,

I tried the driver you suggested.
I uninstalled my previous driver, rebooted, installed the new one and rebooted again.
No difference prom the one i had - still no option to play separate audio streams and no dolby options.

I noticed that when i have no drivers installed and i let windows manage sonds i get 3 "Speakers" in playback devices : speakers, sub-woofer and headphones.
And i can choose to play sound through speakers and skype through headphones ... but the sub-woofer is not used.

This is really annoying ... and it's only a software issue.
I hope there will be a fix for this

toronto699
Level 13
I have dolby settings with that driver 7348

Marsulici
Level 7
Either i'm doing something wrong or the drivers are not for my model.
None of the utilities from that link work... can't install any of them.
I get an error message saying they are not compatible

Marsulici
Level 7
So any thoughts on how to do the 1st point in my original post ? Playing different audio streams ?
I won't believe it is not possible.

xemax
Level 7

Marsulici
Level 7
I have another question regarding the "Digital Output" option.
How can i use this for audio output ?
If i select it as default, there is no sound coming out from either speakers, sub-woofer or headphones ?
How is this meant to be used ?