cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong RAM in g74sx DH71

Retired
Not applicable
Just got my g74 through Amazon, I'm in love. Replacing a now defunct (beer on the keyboard) 4 yr old Asus 15in gaming laptop. This computer is suppose to have 16 GB of RAM installed, but it only came with 12. Not a big deal, and Amazon was really great about it and credited my account the difference in value versus an otherwise similar system. I just might be worth double checking if anyone has purchased a similar system.
11 REPLIES 11

Yahooligan
Level 7
It's a typo on Amazon's website, the G74SX-DH71 does only come with 12GB. You may want to let Amazon know so they can fix their listing.

The side of the box the laptop came in will also tell you how much memory it's supposed to come with.
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool:

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Yes, I have that one. Definitely a 12Gb configuration.

Retired
Not applicable
I see...

380mcn
Level 9
here in portugal there are 2 versions for sale.

#1 12gb ram, i7 2830, DVD Recorder, 1x500gb 7200rpm HD, no backpack and gaming mouse
#2 16gb ram, i7 2870, Bluray/dvd recorder 2x500gb 7200 HD backpack and gaming mouse incl.

Retired
Not applicable
we've contacted amazon to fix it. our specs and copy show 12gb, but their technical details show 16gb. well have them fix it. thanks =]

JRd1st
Level 12
Asus listens! +1 for Brian@ASUS, +1 for ASUS.

Now all they have to do is update that Atheros driver on their support pages . . . 😄
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Yahooligan
Level 7
I see the basic technical details have been updated to say 12GB, but the detailed product description still states 16GB.

And, not that it's a huge deal, but it also says it comes with a 1.5TB drive instead of 2x750GB.
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool:

Yahooligan wrote:
And, not that it's a huge deal, but it also says it comes with a 1.5TB drive instead of 2x750GB.

They always seem to express it that way..."total" drive size instead of specifying the actual drive(s). Kind of annoying, but it seems to be the norm.

MPerni
Level 7
Just saw the G74SX-DH71 that comes with the Core i7 2.2 GHz instead of the 2.0... Thats the only diference between the A1 and the DH71?? Its $200+ expensive, does it worth it??
I´m getting this friday to the U.S, can´t wait!