cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ensure to install MEI driver before using asus 5-way optimization

stormflakes
Level 7
Hello,

i just put together my first custom build pc.
It all went great, so hurray for that.

Win 8.1 installed, so hurray again

Then i installed drivers and after i thought i had them all i get the following error on every startup:
"Ensure to install MEI driver before using asus 5-way optimization"

Anybody know what that is and what i still need?
I got the latest chipset driver
I didnt get the bios or bios utilities drivers, do i need them?
VGA driver won't install, i get an error message
I'm not sure i got all the utilities drivers, do i need those?

I ran win update, so maybe windows installed those in the background, not sure.

Pc component i got:
hero VII
asus strix GTX 980 OC
I7-4790K
Kingston X 2x8 GB memory ( 1866 CAS9 )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Update the bios to 2201 and install the rest of the drivers and software.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

KotTHECat
Level 10
stormflakes wrote:
Then i installed drivers and after i thought i had them all i get the following error on every startup:
"Ensure to install MEI driver before using asus 5-way optimization"

Update your BIOS as Puffnstuff said and then install this one https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24499〈=eng
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Thanks for the link and I updated mine as well.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

just a quick note for all install any windows first and then the first driver to install is the MEI driver and the next is intels chipset drivers. when updating to windows 8 to 8.1 ive noticed windows still needs you to reinstall the chipset drivers, even windows 10 needs you to do the same procedure . with 8 to 8.1 Ive found that I still have to install the Ethernet drivers but this time you have to update them via device manager and then point to where you have them on your hard drive.hope this is of some help to others

avijit
Level 7
I am having the same problem.
Ensure to install MEI driver before using asus 5-way optimization

updated my bios to 2304 and installed the MEI from driver cd but showing the same thing again and again. Please help me out.