cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Gene 00 Q Code

hh60fe
Level 7
Hello,

I've been running my M7G with an 4790K since last August with no problems until this morning. On startup all i get is the 00 code. All I can find are post for a new setup or changes regarding this code. The only thing I have changed is i updated the BIOS to 2013 a few weeks ago. I've tried the standard stuff, removing all other hardware, using different ram, different PSU, I tried clearing the CMOS, using the ROG Connect to reflash the BIOS, changing LN2 setting; nothing seems to work! everything appears to power on, but nothing happens. Right now all that is connected is one stick of a Mushkin Blackline 8GB kit that I pulled out of another computer I know works.

Does anyone have any ideas before I start an RMA process? Its our main house computer thats got my wifes school work on it :eek: Thanks!

i7 4790K | M7G BIOS 2013 | Sapphire R9 270 | 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro16GB | Mushkin Redline 1866 | Seasonic X650
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152
Hello hh60fe and welcome

Code 00 is a tough one to pinpoint because your manual states code 00 is not used.

Since you tried another psu and your pc was working, I will suspect it's your motherboard.

Were you overclocking the cpu?

Thanks for replying! I had a very mild OC only to 4.2 on default voltages with the XMP profile, as I was waiting on a better radiator. About the only thing I haven't done is check for beep codes( not sure if it even has them to be honest) as I don't have a speaker to hook it up to. Any thoughts based on that? Thanks again.

Nate152
You're welcome

Since you didn't raise the voltage I will suspect your motherboard, get it on it's way for an rma immediately.

It was worth a shot. thanks for your help!

Nate152
No problem, when you get your new board, come back here and let us know if you have a working pc.

koroziv
Level 9
My vii hero is posting a 00 code when windows is running; I thought that was normal, no problems as far as I can tell, should I be worried ?
What value is normal when os is loaded and running ?

otreblA
Level 7
I also have this 00 code when Windows is running (Maximus VII Hero).

Nate152
I've seen this a time or two and I'm not sure what causes it but your board should be showing AO when in normal operation.

You could try a bios update and see if you can get it to stay at AO.

koroziv
Level 9
WTF now it shows 40, not even in the manual