cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me, or is most of the ROG software just utterly useless bloatware?

1ceTr0n
Level 11
Call me old fashioned or maybe just out of touch but now being a 2 time owner of a ROG mobo, firs the Gene-ze and now a Hero VII, I can't help but noticed the amount of "bloatware" these motherboards come loaded with. Seriously, an application to talk to your smartphone on the status of your motherboard settings? Who needs that? Who would honestly use that? Super USB boost? Bwa? USB charger +??! A freaking peice of software to monitor and control your packets on your NIC card? Cmon....

Why would you want to eat around 1 gig of RAM on startup up in Windows with a Fan, overclock, temp monitoring and BIOS setting software and slowing down your system when going direclty into these much easier to navigate and use UEFI BIOS's is a much more stable and solid way of tweaking your system.
2 REPLIES 2

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
It seems to me it is only bloatware if it comes pre-installed. You have a choice to install the software or not, so don't install it.

I use the Ai suite 3 to control my fans. I like that software. It is only using 9 Megabytes of RAM. I also like and use Asus Boot Setting to boot directly to BIOS. That takes no ram.

I occasionally use AI suite itself if I want to try a BIOS tweak, but I don't start it up with windows. I would occasionally use Memtweakit if it worked with Haswell, but Intel doesn't allow that.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
It seems to me it is only bloatware if it comes pre-installed. You have a choice to install the software or not., so don't install it.

I use the Ai suite 3 to control my fans. I like that software. It is only using 9 Megabytes of RAM. I also like and use Asus Boot Setting to boot directly to BIOS. That takes no ram.

I occasionally use AI suite itself if I want to try a BIOS tweak, but I don't start it up with windows. I would occasionally use Memtweakit if it worked with Haswell, but Intel doesn't allow that.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case