cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Win 8.1 Clean Install Can't Fast boot as Win8.1 Stock Setup

Magalhas
Level 7
Greetings,

just bought a G751JY and installed a clean Windows 8.1.
On boot shows the asus rog logo, then white cursor blinking and only then windows loads. This is relatively fast, but not as fast as before formatting. Before that, when I press the power button the windows started loading instantaneously.

I'm wondering why I can't fast boot with this clean win 8.1 install. What configuration am I missing here and why is showing the white blinking cursor?

Please help
8 REPLIES 8

didkodidko
Level 7
Hello,

Just coming back from there.
To make your ROG 751 start faster you have to prepare windows 8.1 installation USB using GPT partitioning (UEFI boot). Ask google USB boot windows 8.1 GPT. When USB is ready start and hit "esc" until you get to select boot device manager... Its imperative to select UEFI: USB model from the list. After that windows detects that pc is using uefi and done.
Make sure that CMS (old systems partitioning) is disabled.

Had same issue win 8.1 starting from SSD for around 16-20 sec, now after GPT (UEFI) install it starts for like 2 sec and its showing ROG logo as boot.

Have fun.

didkodidko wrote:
Hello,

Just coming back from there.
To make your ROG 751 start faster you have to prepare windows 8.1 installation USB using GPT partitioning (UEFI boot). Ask google USB boot windows 8.1 GPT. When USB is ready start and hit "esc" until you get to select boot device manager... Its imperative to select UEFI: USB model from the list. After that windows detects that pc is using uefi and done.
Make sure that CMS (old systems partitioning) is disabled.

Had same issue win 8.1 starting from SSD for around 16-20 sec, now after GPT (UEFI) install it starts for like 2 sec and its showing ROG logo as boot.

Have fun.

Thank you for your help didkodidko,

I have a question, do I have to perform another Win 8.1 install in order to boot windows UEFI mode? Is there another way without having to format and install windows again?

didkodidko
Level 7
Hey,

I don't know a way to change your partition table to GPT, without erasing the whole volume. You have to change your boot ssd/hdd to GPT file format (using windows installation partitioning- erase all partitions on your boot drive and leave it unformatted, when you choose it as volume for system install, windows recognizes that the system is in UEFI mode and performs necessary partitioning to the drive, after install enjoy your ultra fast boot.
Unfortunately this means clean install.
I used free program for crating UEFI installation USB called ISO2Disk.

Hope that this helped.

🙂

Just created a UEFI bootable USB with Rufus 🙂 and it booted immediatly Win SETUP :). Ok, looks like a clean Install up ahead. Thank you for your advise didkodidko!

Alevi
Level 7
Return this notebook...

See my video, look at the description how many people here in the forum with same problem.

No solution from asus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR9KMVT4c_g

Alevi wrote:
Return this notebook...

See my video, look at the description how many people here in the forum with same problem.

No solution from asus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR9KMVT4c_g

I just bought mine a week ago and I have the same issue. Also mine freezesup randomly (playing wow, doing skype) and I have to turn it off with pushing the power button 10 sec then turn on.

didkodidko
Level 7
POst your results!

cip_bleah
Level 7
Thank you didkodidko, works very well after clean install, boot time is now under 10 seconds, from 20s before using samsung 850 pro SSD.
My asus G751 JY came without os, so the first time i installed windows normally because there is no info about this uefi during normal setup.
To make an UEFI enabled memory stick you need only to format memory stick to FAT32 (NTFS is not supported in UEFI boot mode) and copy the windows DVD files directly in windows to the stick. You do not need to make it bootable.