cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB error 6F

raphaex
Level 7
so guys i was encoding and got a bluescreen.

Hit the retry button, lower the cpu multiplyer a bit and now i only get a 6F error in the MB and i cant even enter in the bios no metter what i try.

Need help!
9 REPLIES 9

AdamC
Level 10
Pull the power or turn the switch from the power supply off. Wait till all the lights die down. Turn it back on. The overclock recovery F1 should kick in.

Chino
Level 15
raphaex wrote:
so guys i was encoding and got a bluescreen.

Hit the retry button, lower the cpu multiplyer a bit and now i only get a 6F error in the MB and i cant even enter in the bios no metter what i try.

Need help!

Have you cleared your CMOS using the button on the back?

Sylver123
Level 9
I have also had a blue screen crash during encoding. My CPU is overclocked. I found out I needed more vcore voltage to make my overclock more stable.

When you get your system to load up the bios, if you have your CPU overclocked, try a higher vcore voltage than you where using to see if this makes the system more stable during tasks such as encoding.
Intel i7 5960X @ OC 4.5GHz, Asus R5E, XSPC AX360, G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4-3000MHz, BeQuiet 1200W PSU, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP, Creative X-Fi Titanium, 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0, 2 X Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB RAID 0, LG BH10LS30

raphaex
Level 7
Hey guys, thx for all the tips, i hit the switch bios button in the bottle of the MB and it was ok.

Finaly got it working again. Will think twice before overclocking it again. 😄

Raja
Level 13
Overclock gradually. Don't go too far too soon. If you are systematic, you will see where the CPU is comfortable.

jab383
Level 13
A stability test is important when overclocking, even casually. Get Realbench from that section of this forum and run the Benchmark as a stability test at each gradual step of overclock. Realbench should work well because it tests by doing encoding.

Jeff

Kosmosagamemnon
Level 7
Yep, sound advice here. The default position for an overclock, is no overclock. Then approach it incrementally. Despite manufacturer claims all processors, RAM, GPU and even motherboard components contain material differences that may not be exposed or expressed when running at stock speeds, but when you apply an aggressive overclock your system can trip over such flaws.

Generally most who overclock don't suddenly apply a 4.5Ghz clock rate and suitable matching VCore to our processors right off the bat, we work our way up to it until we reach the point where we have made it to the desired outcome, or the hardware starts to fall over. When we reach the point of failure most of us will simply roll the overclock back a little or look at different coolers and perhaps even components depending on the situation. Good luck! ^_^

Kosmosagamemnon wrote:
Yep, sound advice here. The default position for an overclock, is no overclock. Then approach it incrementally. Despite manufacturer claims all processors, RAM, GPU and even motherboard components contain material differences that may not be exposed or expressed when running at stock speeds, but when you apply an aggressive overclock your system can trip over such flaws.

Generally most who overclock don't suddenly apply a 4.5Ghz clock rate and suitable matching VCore to our processors right off the bat, we work our way up to it until we reach the point where we have made it to the desired outcome, or the hardware starts to fall over. When we reach the point of failure most of us will simply roll the overclock back a little or look at different coolers and perhaps even components depending on the situation. Good luck! ^_^

I,m not oc ing at all, i just put the strix x99 in an old case as i am upgrading to an x299. i'm getting the 6F error where it starts up, no beep for successful post and then shuts down originally i was successful in getting to windows and set the pc up so i could access the internet while working on the new build. i heard the system shut down but was not looking at the screen when it did. now on reboot it fails post with the 6F error and shuts down again. I have it all apart on the workbench again and will try everything under the suin to get it going by your posts as i need data off this windows installation. i have a lot of programs installed that are licensed for this board only so i need to get it up and running again. i am not overclocking at all. any suggestions would be appreciated as i need to get this up and running again. if it's a fatal error and the mobo just decided it was its time to quit then it looks like i'm going to be buying a lot of new software licenses, even if the board is covered under warranty.

Aymincendiary
Level 7
i had to take the cmos battery out for 10 sec to get a successful boot. hope this helps the next guy behind me.