cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

news for 980 strix owners....and sorry to all for my ignorance ....

draganptRAMBO
Level 7
hello ....i even have no words to explain how stupid was been....
so i have asus gtx 980 strix card and already some days i was asking for your help saying that strix is voltage locked....man how wrong i was been.....
first since i get this card i also install program called HWINFO64...and i never tried to overvolt the card whiteout HWINFO64 turned off...the program was always been on.
i had constant crashes also whit Modify_GM204.exe always....
but for my luck today i forgot to turn on HWINFO64 and overclocked and overvolted the card and.........flawless!!!!!!no crashes never!!!!!THE PROBLEM WAS BEEN ON HWINFO64 TURNED ON IN GAMES OR BENCHMARKS....
just to understand i was always overclocked the card whit HWINFO64 turned on because of temp. monitoring and i never tried to try to overclock and overvolt whit program turned off....
and let me tell you one more thing STRIX IS NOT VOLTAGE LOCKED!!!!!!! i was running gpu tweak and i can rise voltage up to 1.248v whit no problem and checked whit dimm also.....
and man gpu tweak is running flawlessly in my opinion-perfect....
today i will try finally shamino tool and see where i can climb up...i am on air for now so i think that will be better to don't add more then 1.24v whit tool cos in real time voltage will climb up even further......
i cant even believe how stupid that i was been......
and for all of you strix owners
2 REPLIES 2

srmojuze
Level 10
We all make mistakes sometimes. Glad to hear Asus Nvidia 980 is doing well.

Claviger
Level 9
In HwINFO, go to the settings section. Where you see the IC2 portion, put a check box in the #4 block and restart the program. Problem solved.

What happens is every time HwINFO polls for data, it causes a voltage drop in the GPU voltage, it does this about once a second and the GPU voltage drops then up then down then up etc etc. Unhealthy and causes instability.

Modify is about 0.1 volt over what you program in test.ini, so 1.25 is roughly 1.35 vcore to the gpu actual.

Enjoy.