cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula-Z & Windows 10

The_Stig
Level 7
Hi there,
I Know that the question might be to soon to ask, but will the Crosshair V Formula-Z get drivers for Windows 10
when it's out? Because it seams that this Mainboard isn't supported anymore (no new drivers etc.).

The thing is, i bought this Mainboard about 2 Years and it wasn't cheap and i also wasn't planing on replacing it, just beacause it is not supported anymore.
26 REPLIES 26

sectionate
Level 12
your component drivers do get updated from asmedia/intel/amd -
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

MenaceRx
Level 7
Was wondering the same thing.

yassef
Level 7
You don't really need new drivers for windows 10. I'm currently running windows 10 in my machine and I have the crosshair v formula z. No problems with compatibility so far. I haven't had any issue with drivers and all the devices were detected by windows. Besides, I most of the drivers for windows 8.1 that I have tried worked fine on windows 10.

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
Marshall@ASUS has stated, elsewhere in this forum, that ASUS will not be providing any drivers until Win10 is officially released.

Z

4Strings
Level 10
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but now that Win10 is officially out, are we C5FZ users going to get an update to AI Suite, particularly Fan Xpert, for the new OS?

Cheers,

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
Ive been running everything from the motherboard disk. All is good and in working order

Really? So if I download the newest version for Win8.1 it'll work on Win10???

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
I've only had a lan issue and that was cured quite a few builds ago. I'm no longer running the tech preview, it's a full blown OS now. Everything works pretty good. Haven't found many issues to complain about yet.

Personally I like W10 over windows 8.1

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
It should, I dont see why not. The entire OS is built using previous drivers. Tech preview users like myself tries the best to assure everthing works well.

I have not used fan expert, but AI suite works just fine. I can overclock adjust digi vrm and all that. It worked from the first install.