cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED - Asus GPU Tweak 2.7.8.1&2.7.9.0 - GPU Info is broken

ThePatcher
Level 7
Hi,

just installed the new version and even after a restart of the computer, the GPU-Z tool included in the GPU tweak is not working.
I can see a crash in the Windows Event Log.
Even a separate start of the ASUSxGPU-Z.exe does not work.

The previous version was working.

Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit.
20 REPLIES 20

ThePatcher
Level 7
Is this a mistake on the page or is this tool in version 2.7.8.1 not available for Windows 8.1 64-bit?
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/STRIXGTX970DC2OC4GD5/HelpDesk_Download/

Defin4ar
Level 7
Looks Asus haven't posted latest versions on their official page

I got mine through the support site for my Asus Vid Card. I'm using v2.7.8.1 and looks all working fine for me. The embedded xGPU-Z is working fine aswell is the Monitor and advanced "tune setting".
Is keeping my fans settings at start-up too.

You can find GPU Tweak V2.7.6.0, Update January 15, 2015 and GPU Tweak V2.7.8.1, Update January 21, 2015 there.
File size 28, 32Mbytes, available for Windows 8.1 64-bit too.

Here the link: http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/R9270XDC2T4GD5/HelpDesk_Download/

Same as yours, though!!
Asus Dual RX480 O4G - Core i5 3570K - P8Z77-V LE PLUS - (still on 2019)

ThePatcher
Level 7
Just updated to version 2.7.9.0 - still the same problem - GUP Info is crashing.
The standalone tool GPU-Z 0.8.1 is working correctly (even the one with the ROG skin).

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit - Region&Keyboard Layout is Germany, Display Language is English.

Installed v2.7.9.0 from my support page and do not had any issues yet.

I always uninstall the previous version after closing it from desktop and reboot to prevent GPU services running in the background, then I install the updated version when back to desktop.

I quickly check the "Main" and "Tune Setting" after swapped to "Advanced Mode", and again, reboot to check if it have retained my new settings.

Defin4ar wrote:
Installed v2.7.9.0 from my support page and do not had any issues yet.

I always uninstall the previous version after closing it from desktop and reboot to prevent GPU services running in the background, then I install the updated version when back to desktop.

I quickly check the "Main" and "Tune Setting" after swapped to "Advanced Mode", and again, reboot to check if it have retained my new settings.

Thx for the tip - uninstall, reboot, install, reboot - helped 🙂

It would be helpful if the tool installation routine could do it by itself or provide something like "clean install".

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
Just updated to 2.7.9.0, clean install, then checked my user defined fan speeds and its just blank, rebooted, reinstalled again, same thing.

clicking on the upper red dot point makes it disappear.

hope to hell auto speed is working...
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool:

DeathtoGnomes wrote:
Just updated to 2.7.9.0, clean install, then checked my user defined fan speeds and its just blank, rebooted, reinstalled again, same thing.

clicking on the upper red dot point makes it disappear.

hope to hell auto speed is working...

The red dots are very sensitive to click mouse and you should try again with little precise click. Point & click on it, it turns yellow, just drag it upper the value.

ahlot18
Level 8
Update to new version but only the monitoring shown

Crosshair V Formula AM3+
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (Kingston hyper X)
Crossfire X Radeon 6870
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
@ahlot18 Idk what you mean about the monitoring, I posted that have the latest version 2.7.9.0.

@Defin4nar Believe me i have tried a lot. When the mouse over changes to a hand and try to click it, nothing happens or it disappears.

If there was a way to set fanspeed points in an *.ini or dat file that could be manually entered or changed, idk but this version is broken. Seems like every other version that gets installed is broken somehow. Cant complain about that kind of consistency 😛
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool: