cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"MEMORY MANAGEMENT" blue screen on SA 1.05V and otherwise stock

orcinus
Level 7
So, today I've just set my system to stock and turned XMP on as usual - default values used except for SA voltage to 1.05V since otherwise it is not really stable in sleep.

Some time into desktop usage (no load almost) the machine just blued out on me with MEMORY MANAGEMENT error. After that each consecutive boot produced unexpected screen tearing. I've reset my BIOS to defaults (back button) but tearing was still there. Ultimately I've turned my monitor off DisplayPort 1.2 to 1.1 and started the machine again - everything worked fine.

Now, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with DP 1.2 or me turning the screen off and back on, or why would such an exception or change do any kind of tearing to the screen. My video cards seem fine, they're brand new and worked for a month now without an issue never being overclocked or abused in any way. Few boots before this occurrence worked fine as well.

I'm using an LG 34UC97 3440x1440 and dual GIGABYTE G1 GTX 970. Latest Nvidia official driver and Windows 8.1 updated (for some time now so no error should pop up at that side).
3 REPLIES 3

Raja
Level 13
The issue could be memory or GPU driver/monitor related.

If the memory XMP is over DDR4-2133 then technically the system is running an overclock. As with all overlcocking, the voltage required and the ability to be stable with vary from CPU to CPU.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The issue could be memory or GPU driver/monitor related.

If the memory XMP is over DDR4-2133 then technically the system is running an overclock. As with all overlcocking, the voltage required and the ability to be stable with vary from CPU to CPU.

This happened on a system that worked just fine at 4,7GHz and 4,9GHz overclock, memory at 1T and such. After full reset and new overclock (XMP3000) everything is back just fine. This episode is - strange.

funky29cro
Level 7
I would suggest go manual on memory , it seems that your cpu does not like high system memory voltage as it was described in haswel e oc manual writen by rog experts here . Some cpu can handle memory with low sys agent other with high ,set manual where u would turn xpm ,give memory 130% power and extreme optimization ,1.360-1.370 voltage on main page , on timings set your correct timings and on eventual memory voltage 1.350v for both chanels ,now set sys agent in offset mode + and start adding 0.010v evey time until it boots and ,when it boots stress test if it fails ad again 0.010v and so on u get it good luck .