cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 drivers for G751?

Happyllama
Level 7
I understand it is a bit premature for me to ask this, but was just curious about how long it may be before we will see Windows 10 drivers for the G751. I noticed 10 was unveiled "officially" today in Redmond and is slated be released sometime in August, so I understand it will be awhile yet. I am honestly unaware of how long it takes manufactures (like Asus,) to create them and roll them out.

I am aware of some folks that have been using leaked beta versions of 10, but am unaware of anybody using it on any ROG model. If so I would love to learn more about any likes, dislikes, and/or concerns they may have. A most sincere thanks in advance to all! 😮
11 REPLIES 11

toronto699
Level 13
I have a G751-JY-DH72X with W10 preview installed as dual boot , no problems with W10 so far
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?52189-windows-10-testing-thread

BigDRim
Level 7
You need to update some drivers or not?

BigDRim wrote:
You need to update some drivers or not?

Not as of yet. It was just an informal question as to when drivers for our rigs would be potentially available. I have no intention going full Win10 until it becomes a platform that is fully supported, though I would like to give a beta version a try via double boot since 7 in no longer an option for me.

Toronto699, thank you for the link sir. I will silently be keeping tabs on it and seeing how others fare.

Edweird
Level 10
I've never seen ASUS making drivers for future OS. The drivers ASUS gives you are for the Operating System the machine was designed for. That being said I doubt W8.1 drivers won't work on W10.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
"Official" support won't be known until Asus announces or releases units touting Windows 10 from factory, most likely. As for previous systems that shipped with Windows 8/8.1, when Windows 10 driver support for them is released is very much hearsay.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

toronto699
Level 13
When released W10 will be free upgrade for W7 and W8.1 owners for one year after release say Microsoft therefore W10 should have no real issues if installed , but dual boot is way to go for now

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Best way to keep track of drivers, is simply go to the various h/w manufacturers websites and see if there is any info on Win10 drivers for the ones you need. Of course, if there are any available, they will most likely be in Beta stage.

X-ROG
Level 15
After Windows goes retail, we'll be rolling out drivers. Right now it's not even at consumer preview. It's still being beta tested by Microsoft, consumers and driver makers themselves.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
After Windows goes retail, we'll be rolling out drivers. Right now it's not even at consumer preview. It's still being beta tested by Microsoft, consumers and driver makers themselves.

Precisely the answer I was hoping to find. Thank you sir!