cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 - Anyone managed to run a 4k HDTV or PC monitor?

Richdog
Level 7
Hi guys. As per thread title, I'm just interested if anyone has managed to successfully run a 4k HDTV or PC monitor on their G751?

I tried with a HDTV and it didn't work at 4k, so maybe I wasn't using a high enough spec HDMI cable (I will try this wekeend with a 1.4a cable).

Feedback appreciated! 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

Mrblue254
Level 7
same case here.. tried projecting to display only(samsung 4kuhd curved tv 65") and nothing happened i was using an HDMI cable. Any help will be appreciated.

BigDRim
Level 7
Try to set the refresh rate at 30Hz? Though it's just an idea.

X-ROG
Level 15
HDMI refresh will only be 30Hz since its 1.4 not 2.0. You'll need to use DP for 60Hz. We've been playing Metal Gear on a PA328 today via G751JY.

Hey folks. I got a g751JY with 980m gpu. I can run desktop and games in 4k 60hz with an HDMI 2.0 cable on Samsung Curved UE65HU8500.
You can find hdmi 2.0 cables on amazon. I'm using a cable from Spark company. It worked well for me.

Games I've Tested on 4K :
-GTA V
-Project CARS
-Shadow of Mordor
-League of Legends etc.

batuhanyel wrote:
Hey folks. I got a g751JY with 980m gpu. I can run desktop and games in 4k 60hz with an HDMI 2.0 cable on Samsung Curved UE65HU8500.
You can find hdmi 2.0 cables on amazon. I'm using a cable from Spark company. It worked well for me.

-GTA V
-Project CARS
-Shadow of Mordor
-League of Legends etc.

Is 4K worth the performance hit in those games? You must have to run at low-medium for many of them (aside from textures)?

batuhanyel wrote:

-GTA V
-Project CARS
-Shadow of Mordor
-League of Legends etc.

This runs contrary to the posted specs of this laptop. While I would be very happy to know HDMI 2.0 works... this is the only case I've read of it working and the specs posted clearly state it is 1.4a. A.K.A 4k at 30Hz.

If you can post evidence that you are actually negotiating HDMI 2.0 it would be greatly appreciated. No offence meant, but otherwise I am inclined to think this is simply user misconception.

@MarshallR on the PA328 do you know if the connection over DP1.2 is SST or MST?

joshindaphils,

I know it might not make sense but I can confirm I was also able to run at 4k@60Hz with a HDMI 2.0 cable and GTX980m on Samsung UN55HU9000 curved TV . However my experience is not smooth. I am getting intermittent signal loss at both the 60Hz and 30Hz but i definitely confirm I am getting chroma subsampling 4:4:4 which i will take a picture and post here.