cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY randomly opening Start Menu [solved]

Locosanctus
Level 7
Ever since I got my G751JY, once every 1-2 hours, the start menu would randomly open. It is impossible that the start menu button would be pressed, because there is nothing near the keyboard when this happens. I have searched for this problem everywhere, but I can't find anything.

I have not installed anything on it other than the normal drivers for the hardware. I also have Windows 8.1.

If anyone has any suggestion or solution, it would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Happyllama
Level 7
Same problem here on my G751JM. It'll happen during video play back, web browsing, and (most regrettably) during gameplay. No solution I have found yet. So far I just assumed it was an 8.1 quirk and made it a habit of becoming a ninja at pressing superkey and getting myself back to wherever I was.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Not sure if this will help, but if you're using the touchpad when it happens and it seems related, try disabling some of the touchpad 'edge sensitivity' features as mentioned in the first item "Subject: Win8 Games Randomly Minimizing while using Touchpad" of the sticky thread below from the G750 section.
Hope it's okay to refer the 'collection' of threads.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46928-Collection-of-Some-Touchpad-and-Touchpad-Button-rela...

cl-Albert wrote:
Not sure if this will help, but if you're using the touchpad when it happens and it seems related, try disabling some of the touchpad 'edge sensitivity' features as mentioned in the first item "Subject: Win8 Games Randomly Minimizing while using Touchpad" of the sticky thread below from the G750 section.
Hope it's okay to refer the 'collection' of threads.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46928-Collection-of-Some-Touchpad-and-Touchpad-Button-rela...

Good tip sir, thank you! I had thought about this, but wasn't sure how to go about troubleshooting it. As I was responding to an earlier post I lifted my hands completely off the keyboard and touchpad to review my written message, within a matter of seconds I coincidently watched my G751 enter Start Menu as I was in IE browser. I don't believe it's a touchpad error now.

Hahaha, perhaps we're controlling our computers via cranial synaptic Bluetooth! I wonder if MS has a driver for that... 😉

Qosmio
Level 8
Locosanctus wrote:
Ever since I got my G751JY, once every 1-2 hours, the start menu would randomly open. It is impossible that the start menu button would be pressed, because there is nothing near the keyboard when this happens. I have searched for this problem everywhere, but I can't find anything.

I have not installed anything on it other than the normal drivers for the hardware. I also have Windows 8.1.

If anyone has any suggestion or solution, it would be appreciated.

Hello ,

The solution is delete the Asus Power saver.

I don't know about that. I had no such thing installed on my PC, nor did I find anything of the sort while searching online.

I did however uninstall the Asus Screen Saver and it seems that that was the problem. It's working fine now.

I wanted to say Asus Screen Saver . But you did find it. So ,the problem is fix.

Qosmio wrote:
I wanted to say Asus Screen Saver . But you did find it. So ,the problem is fix.

Yeah, I had a feeling 🙂 Thank you