cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turned pc on, it turned off and on again?

GoNz0-
Level 10
Any idea what would cause a random power cycle on startup.

I hit power from a safe shutdown the day before, it turned on for a second as the fans spun up, then it shut off for a second and decided it was going to start normally. OC is still there etc.

now I know this motherboard has more bugs than a damp lake in florida but I thought I had better throw this one into the mix on the off chance ?
3 REPLIES 3

Kosmosagamemnon
Level 7
Can you be clear on when the power cycle occurs?

I hjave recently reported an issue to Asus regarding a possible incompatibility with an add-in soundcard. In my case the system would power up from cold, boot Windows and then within a few seconds of a successful boot it would appear to power cycle (as if someone hit the reset button) when it next booted it would perform perfectly with no problem.

What USB devices do you have plugged into your computer? Some older USB devices are not entirely compliant with the updated protocols that the RVE and other Z97 and X99 Boards implement. Such incompatibility can trigger some random issues at boot...

GoNz0-
Level 10
Sound cards been removed as my Asus Phoebus doesn't like my Asus Strix with the Asus motherboard (how ironic the 3 cause microphone feedback unlike my last board being a R2E with 2 480's, Asus have made it clear they do not give a toss about this as they never replied to anyones plea for help on the official asus forums)

USB wise I disconnected my Dell monitor USB as it caused an event viewer error so all I have is a Logitech G710+ and Razer Mamba 2012 that are both plugged into the USB2 ports. Nothing else is connected and this restart was out of the blue with the previous 30+ power up's working fine!

broncogr
Level 10
The 1sec shut off and restart could be memory training so probably nothing abnormal....