Level 7
Phoebus / Phoebus Solo driver for Win8.1
1. Launch Sonic Studio
2. UI ver.1.0.8.
82 REPLIES 82

Dicehunter
Level 10
Holy hell !

I honestly didn't think we would ever see another update for this card.

Kudos Asus.

*EDIT*

After having used it for a few hours to be honest it feels extremely cluttered compared to the previous driver release.

Not being able to have dedicated profiles work along side the Dolby suite which really does liven up sound is a real shame.

Going back to the older release, Good effort on this one but still not quite there, The layout of the older software was perfect, It just needs a colour change option for people who don't want RED with everything.

This just has too much going on.

Very glad to see another driver. The hardware of the card is good so nice to still see some software work is going on. 🙂

kentukky
Level 7
Hey guys, did somebody of you already tested the new driver on Win 7? I'm afraid to install it at the moment. 😄
Did they fixed any bugs, or is there only this Sonic Studio new? The only thing I need, is to get 5.1 work properly, without messing all channels up.

kentukky wrote:
Hey guys, did somebody of you already tested the new driver on Win 7? I'm afraid to install it at the moment. 😄
Did they fixed any bugs, or is there only this Sonic Studio new? The only thing I need, is to get 5.1 work properly, without messing all channels up.

From what I can tell going between both drivers a few times now, There's no difference between drivers other than the addition of Sonic Studio.

InternetOwl
Level 8
For myself I never had many issues with the card after the Netflix fix, but I kinda think that the Sonic Studio is the main difference. One thing is that there is no option seemingly to enable GX, the EAX fake out. But in Mass Effect ( the only game I still play that uses EAX 5) it seems to work fine, so maybe it is now enabled by default if you enable EAX in game? And I use 8.1 so I can't speak to windows 7 srry. I do think there is a slight difference in audio between the drivers but I believe that comes down to the Sonic Studio settings I would believe. It's slight and not sure if it's better really, just a tiny difference. I do like the layout better though myself, and I have noticed no problems since upgrading to the newer driver.

MRBULL
Level 10
where can we download this ? it's not on asus website

Operation_Nadet
Level 7
Hallo,

Der neue Treiber wirkt endlich Final. Gute Arbeit Asus!

Wo ist Raja hin? Kein Support mehr?

Hello,

The new driver seems finally final. Good job Asus!

Where is Raja go? No more support?
Mainboard:ASUS +6H
GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
CPU: R5 1600X stock
PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

tistou77
Level 13
I hope this is not the final, they are not even WHQL (for Windows 7)
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

So what if the driver is not WHQL (though i think is the same old WHQL driver with the Sonic app added to the driver) ? The driver works just fine for me , but i don`t really like the sound that comes out of the new Sonic Studio, the Dolby App makes the sound much crystal like. In movies with multi track audio they sound totally different. And there`s a bug, sometimes the profiles from the Sonic Studio remain active and they overlap with Dolby`s app making every sound distorted.

I like though a bit the mic settings that makes the noise form the mic input almost go away and i can finally use my phoebus mic input. the noise settings on the mic seems to work even though you have Dolby app active and the Studio is deactivated. +1 for this.

For now i`ll stick to the Dolby app since it produces better sound (for my taste)

i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit