Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Florin's Avatar

I`ve installed the new driver on top of the old one, i still have the initial Phoebus interface from where you could use Flex Bass.
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

ROG Enthusiast Array Mineria PC Specs
    Mineria PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790K
    Memory (part number)32GB 2400Mhz G.Skill Trident X
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX1080 A8G
    Sound CardCreative SoundBlaster ZxR
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster V8 GTS
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1000 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K70
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Extended
    Headset/Speakers Mackie CR3
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3200

Using Sonic instead of Dolby seem to give much clearer sound definitions, so really like it, even uninstalled Dolby Home Studio because it sounds so muffled compared too.
    There is an issue with this driver thou, it has DRM protection issues.
    Half of my music library can't be played because of that (mainly the albums that are down-streamed), and Netflix doesn't work with it.
    Unless this gets corrected pretty quick I'm back to the previous set.

Strange, i find the Dolby app better then the Sonic.
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

New ROGer Array PantheR- PC Specs
    PantheR- PC Specs
    MotherboardRIVE
    Processor3930K
    Memory (part number)16gb Vengeance
    Graphics Card #1680
    Sound CardPhoebus
    MonitorXL2420TX
    Keyboard K65 blue switch
    Mouse EC1 EVO CL
    Headset PC 360

Quick question, any figure how to turn the amp on with new software? It used under windows placback options, but now it gone.

New ROGer Array

@Florin

how did you get both drivers to work? i installed the new driver over the old one but i cant use flex bass, dts , xear singfx etc. i mean i can use the old phoebus software to change volume and sampling rate but nothing else

also

they should make this new driver with more plugins i mean it would be easier to access all the features from the old driver in a plugin instead of having both drivers installed and making my head hurt lol

New ROGer Array

Where is Dolby Digital Live mode in new driver?

Quote Originally Posted by PantheR- View Post
    Quick question, any figure how to turn the amp on with new software? It used under windows placback options, but now it gone.
    Guess you are looking for the heaphone amp, you can access it by right clicking the headphone icon on top of the Studio. (see picture below)
    Quote Originally Posted by brownohhh View Post
    @Florin

how did you get both drivers to work? i installed the new driver over the old one but i cant use flex bass, dts , xear singfx etc. i mean i can use the old phoebus software to change volume and sampling rate but nothing else

also

they should make this new driver with more plugins i mean it would be easier to access all the features from the old driver in a plugin instead of having both drivers installed and making my head hurt lol
    i`ve just downloaded the new driver and pressed install nothing else, i have the Dolby Home Theather app (BTW it`s working now with the latest Windows 10 build) , the new Sonic Studio Pro and the Phoebus interface. Don`t know if it`s a bug for them to be all installed, but i presume it`s a bug, since after windows restart/shut down, on the next session if you have a preset on the Studio it will go and add with the preset on the Dolby and you get 2 equalizers going head to head making everything sound distorted, you have to open and close Studio to have Dolby only equalizer ... that still produces much more cristaline sounds. The virtual surround in the Studio might be great ( didn`t test yet) but the equalizer in the Dolby is far superior.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoebus.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	523.9 KB 
ID:	46060

ROG Enthusiast Array danone77 PC Specs
    danone77 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage 6 Apex (1401 Bios)
    Processori9 7900x
    Memory (part number)4x8 GB Corsair CMD32GX4M4C3200C16-Rog
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1080ti OC
    Graphics Card #2Asus Rog Strix 1080ti OC
    Monitor1.Asus Rog Swift PG278Q(Gsync) / 2.Asus VG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB (OS)
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 4TB (Data)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i (push/pull)
    CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma/Orbweaver Chroma
    Mouse Razer Naga Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 333G4me
    Mouse Pad Asus Rog Sheath
    Headset/Speakers LOgitech Z-623
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterFritz 7490
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro (CLCP)SIV
    Accessory #2 Corsair Commander mini (CLCL)SIV

hi one question,
    its better to deinstall the old driver before install the new driver,
    i have's like florian,only download new driver and install....
    now i can use both drivers ....
    but maybe its not good to use both?
    window 8.1

sorry for bad englisch...

Normally you should un-install the previous driver and install the new one, but i though the installer will do this for me, but it didn`t, and now i have both interfaces available, though i think they thought about having the Dolby app along side with the Studio since there is a button for Dolby in the Plugins section of the Studio.

ROG Member Array

Hmm the Flexbass problem seems to be only on stereo signals. When i watching a movie with a 5.1 signal, my subwoofer will run. It looks like on a stereo signal, only the 2 front channel will run?????

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast