Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Florin's Avatar

i have no clue about this, i`m using only stereo since i have 2 large 100W Technics speakers.
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

New ROGer Array

i uninstalled both drivers and re installed them and it didnt really work too well so i downgraded back to the old driver. im using windows 7 ultimate x64 and i also have the Corsair SP 2500 speaker set. ill try again later on to get them to both work

ROG Enthusiast Array Mineria PC Specs
    Mineria PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790K
    Memory (part number)32GB 2400Mhz G.Skill Trident X
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX1080 A8G
    Sound CardCreative SoundBlaster ZxR
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster V8 GTS
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1000 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K70
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Extended
    Headset/Speakers Mackie CR3
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3200

Quote Originally Posted by Florin View Post
    Strange, i find the Dolby app better then the Sonic.
    Just removed the new driver and reinstalled the previous one, the Dolby sounds better than Sonic, but with the old driver...
    I couldn't push the volume as high with the new driver either, output was something like 40% of the old drivers db.

I guess it would have worked if I had installed on top like you did, but sticking with the old version anyway since the new one breaks DRM for apps that require it.

The only thing I miss from the new driver is the mic noise-gate, since it works much better than ENC.
    Last edited by Mineria; 01-31-2015 at 10:19 PM.

The noise mic gate is amazing in the new driver. It finally makes sense to use the mic on the phoebus, and i have the Solo version ... wonder what tooke them so long to come up with such a thing , since the Pheobus seems to be cursed when it comes to mic noise despite their "EMI" shielding.
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

ROG Member Array kussii PC Specs
    kussii PC Specs
    MotherboardHero VII
    Processor6700k @4.6
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GVR
    Graphics Card #1x290 OC
    Sound Cardphoebus solo
    CPU CoolerReserator xt (my mods)

theres no option to use DDLive

ROG Member Array

Hi, is it possible to use some kind of automatic profile changer with this software? It would be cool if software detects what game you are playing and switches the audio profile that you have set for it. Really like the new interface on the software.

New ROGer Array

Topic is about the Phoebus but it's the same for the U7 as well. No DDLive or Flexx Bass. I can live without the former, but I cannot live without the latter. This is very disappointing. Maybe they are missing because the app is still in beta stage? At least that's how they are tagged on the download page for the U7. So I'm hoping they haven't decided to give us the middle finger and will actually add the missing features later.

I like the new interface. It looks kind of sleek and modern. Yes, it's a bit cluttered but it's still better than the old one which looked like it was made in Microsoft Paint for Windows 2000 or something.

I'm keeping an eye on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Raven View Post
    Topic is about the Phoebus but it's the same for the U7 as well. No DDLive or Flexx Bass. I can live without the former, but I cannot live without the latter. This is very disappointing. Maybe they are missing because the app is still in beta stage? At least that's how they are tagged on the download page for the U7. So I'm hoping they haven't decided to give us the middle finger and will actually add the missing features later.

I like the new interface. It looks kind of sleek and modern. Yes, it's a bit cluttered but it's still better than the old one which looked like it was made in Microsoft Paint for Windows 2000 or something.

I'm keeping an eye on this topic.
    From the old driver installation on this path

Phoebus-8.1.1.35-3.21(CR-WHQL)\WIN81(WHQL)\SoftwareDriver\DLL\CPL\x64

You`ll find the Phoebus_x64.exe and be able to run the old interface that also has flex bass, but if you`re really into this old thing, why use the new driver? It only has a different interface that`s buggy while using the Dolby Home Theather .

PS: to the designer of the new Sonic interface, why in the world do i need to right click speakers or headphones and then press Default, instead of just clicking the damn thing to change my output ...

LE: For who wants Dolby Home Theater app on the new driver after uninstalling the previous one.

Go to the installation folders from the old driver, go into the following path : Phoebus-8.1.1.35-3.21(CR-WHQL)\WIN81(WHQL)\Dolby , and just run the DolbyHomeTheater.msi file. It will install the Dolby app. (this is the only way to make the driver fully functional with Dolby in Windows 10 also. You need a combination of the two drivers to make it work.
    Last edited by Florin; 02-06-2015 at 07:40 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Florin View Post
    but if you`re really into this old thing, why use the new driver? It only has a different interface that`s buggy while using the Dolby Home Theather .
    Did you even read my post? I'm not into the old one. I like the new interface better and I find the new Noise Gate option useful, unlike half of the useless Xear crap in the previous one. I might try this though, when I have the time to fiddle with the driver.

New ROGer Array

Downgraded to 7.0.1.35. Here is no way to use without FlexBassII for me.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast