cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero VII Q-Code 00 after using Ai Suite

karserasl
Level 7
Hello everyone.

So i got my new PC ready yesterday and everything is smooth. Even i OC abit and now im playing with settings.

Then i notice that my Q-Code changed from A0 (normal) to 00 (scary).

I google it and found that its pretty serious if doesnt POST. But mine was already in Windows.?!

So i restarted, everything was ok until Windows booted then changed to 00 again.

I figured out that probably something screwup the OS so i reformat and started new... Install all drivers everything was ok with A0 Q-code, even after i install Ai Suite.

Then i went and did the 5-way optimization from Ai Suite and restarted normally. When the Windows booted same thing happened, Q-code 00 from A0. Just by playing with Ai Suite

So im asking.. Is ASUS aware that their tuning program cause a change to the Q-Codes? and 00 Q-Code is no small thing for some1 that would google it.
Any advice? From what i found out the fan tune was first thing that happened and the 00 appeared.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hello karserasl and welcome

It's hard to say if ai suite is causing it. I don't use that but it could be 5 way optimization or maybe your cpu fan.

Set the bios to defaults and try without using the 5 way optimization, does it stay on AO?

Do you have your cpu fan connected to the cpu fan header?

karserasl
Level 7
Hello and thanks for the reply

Yes if i dont use the ai suite it stays at A0. Even if i install ai suite but dont optimize it stays to A0.

My cpu fan is dark rock pro 3. So i connect both fans to both motherboard headers. Thats not a problem i think.

Either way the PC is working fine even if showing 00. Sometimes after restarts it even shows A0 for some time before changing to 00.

So i dont know why ai suite is causing this q-code but seems that its not causing any harm.. Atleast thats what it seems now. Who knows? its undocumented (WTH?)

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Mine does the same thing and I believe it has to do with how it interacts with windows. I've noticed that even though I've set it to not sleep or hibernate when I boot up my up-time is always cumulative unless I perform a reboot and then it will reset back to zero. My qcodes change from A0 to 40 regularly and they don't seem to affect how my system is running.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

karserasl
Level 7
Well i observed something else too..

When i boot into Windows and q-code is still A0 then i can restart normally.

But when the q-code is 00 when i click restart the monitors shut down normally but the PC doesnt restart.. Doesnt even responds to the front restart button.

Only way to restart is to force shutdown.

Dont know if this is a problem due to ai suite tho.

Nate152
Try clearing the cmos and starting over. And yeah I don't use ai suite myself, you might be better off without it. If you want to uninstall it, uninstall it from your programs then run this cleaner. Your board should come with ai suite III.

Here is the cleaner:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34503-AI-Suite-III-Cleaner

hey Puffnstuff, if you're using windows 8-8.1 it has hybrid boot enabled by default, so when you shut down your pc it's actually just going to sleep, hence the code 40 which it's telling you it woke from the s4 sleep state. If you disable hybrid boot you should stay at AO as you will be doing a cold boot every time.

kaptanedi
Level 10
same problem. Before installing ai suite ao cod. fans tuning after 00 q code

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Yeah Nate I disabled fast boot in bios and then went into windows and disabled fast boot in the power settings. I like a clean start each and every time I boot. I was getting weird behavior while fast boot was enabled and ended up rebooting several times which would come up clean.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

mtrains
Level 7
If you watch the Q code while the system is booting up it goes to A0 when bios hands it over to windows. If you watch the Q code while Windows is coming up you will see that the Q code goes to 00 when the fans spin up to max for a second. This is when the AsusFanControlService in windows comes up. My explanation for this is that AsusFanControlService tells the bios what the current fan settings are. The code 00 indicates that there were no errors when setting the fan settings in Bios. Maybe Asus figured that it doesn't make sense to put it back to A0 at this point since A0 is typically the notification of the end of a normal bios boot up process.

kaptanedi
Level 10
we are using only the cpu fan input? Have everyone is using ai suite in this case.How do I use the fan input on the motherboard.