cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safely removing OD faceplate

merceg100
Level 7
Hi, I'm new to this forum but not new to Asus laptops. I previously owned N55 and N56VZ model and with N56 I was really satisfied. Now I sold it and bought G551JK. Initial thoughts are divided. Seems to me that N56 had better screen, better speakers, and one more USB 3.0 port. But all of the things that I was aware of before I bought it. What it dissapointed me and what I wasn't aware is a lack of drivers for Windows 7.

But nevermind that now I'm here to ask You how to safely remove faceplate from optical drive and put it on HDD caddy that I ordered today on ebay. I had one previouslly for N55 and N56 but they were 12.7mm and this one is thinner it's 9.5mm. The thing is that when I was removing faceplate before on N55 and N56 I broke some of those clips that thitend faceplate to its bay. So does anyone know how to properly remove faceplate from G551 without breaking those clips? I would really appriciate if someone could upload pictures on how to do it or if someone knows a videotutorial for specific model cos those faceplates differ from model to model.

THNX
0 REPLIES 0