Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

OC Panel not functioning properly

I have both the sata and rog ext plugged into the OC panel. Using the latest firmware. I can not get it to even change fan settings through oc panel. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

As of right now the only thing the OC panel is being used for is a CPU temperature monitor. I would love to overclock and change settings with the actual device though. Please help! Thanks in advance.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

All fans connected to the OC Panel will run at 100%. You cannot control it.

To change the values for overclocking, you need to press the Normal/Extreme Mode Switch to switch over to the overclocking mode.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    All fans connected to the OC Panel will run at 100%. You cannot control it.

To change the values for overclocking, you need to press the Normal/Extreme Mode Switch to switch over to the overclocking mode.

I never stated that I connected any fans to the OC Panel nor did I post about trouble or confusion on how to change the value. I appreciate you trying to help but it was not useful.

As per my original post, I have attempted to change the fan setting on the OC panel to see if it will take affect on the computer. Example of standard/silent. I believe the "silent" setting on oc panel is the same within ai suite. Regardless, selecting a fan setting will not change it on OC panel or the computer. Have any of you experienced this?

I know it has to be more than just user error at this point. The oc panel will not show vcore inside the overclocking controls either. Not sure what I can try to troubleshoot the device. Any suggestions related to the actual problem will be very much appreciated.

Hello

Would be helpful knowing complete system components as well as operating system, supporting software and drivers installed.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array GoNz0- PC Specs
    GoNz0- PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell XPS 9530
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5930
    Memory (part number)[Ripjaws 4] F4-2666C15Q-16GRR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX980
    CPU CoolerEk Evo Supremacy
    CaseCorsair 800D
    Power SupplyEnermax 1250w revolution 85
    Keyboard Logitech 710+
    Mouse Razer Mamba 2012
    Headset Sennheiser PC350
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus AC68u

the cable it thick and inflexible, a very very poor design decision so it may have unseated itself a little ?

ROG Enthusiast Array funky29cro PC Specs
    funky29cro PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel I7 5930k
    Memory (part number)Kingston HX Predator 4x4gb 3000mhz HX430C15PB2K4/16
    Graphics Card #1Asus HD7970-DC2-3GD5
    Sound CardAsus Xonar DGX
    MonitorLG 24GM77-B
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Pro 512gb
    Storage #2WD 1TB Blue
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i Push&Pull
    CaseThermaltake Urban S71 Window
    Power SupplySeasonic Platinum 1000w SS-1000XP
    Keyboard Logitech G110
    Mouse Logitech Proteus Core G502
    OS Windows 7 Enterprise Sp1 x64
    Network RouterZTE ZXDSL 931 on fiber

My problem was i had to clip rubber around connector that goes in oc panel i could not set it in at all , so with razor blade carefuly i clipped rubber of it just so much i can plug it thats only problem i had with it , as rubben was to thick on it .

As we are with talkling obout external units/screens , i cant find anywhere that little screen for rampage 2 extreme i fould it on ebay once and they wanted like 40 uk pounds for it or like 80 dollars ,and they had allot of them 2 of them died on me for rampage 2 extreme and maximus 2 formula ,maximus 2 formula is dead so i need one for r2e if anybody knows where i can buy one for normal price , r2e mobo is now working as media center .

ROG Member Array

Thanks for posting . Yes that cheap heatshrink I removed instantly because I saw the poor design inhibiting it from being seated in position.

Praz I am using Windows 8.1 on a Rampage V Extreme motherboard with the 5960x and corsair ram. I have the latest drivers for windows, chipset for motherboard, and firmware on oc panel. I am also using the AI Suite3 software. Basically everything on the support page needed for my system I downloaded and installed

ROG Member Array

I know I've borked something, just not sure where. If the OC panel is not showing vcore and shows input voltage something is wrong. Would not make sense for me to be unable to change cpu voltage. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue, would love to get the OC panel working and be more than just a temperature sensor

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Have you switched over to Extreme Mode? Once you're in that mode, press the right key and you should see it cycle through the different voltages. If I'm not mistaken, the Vcore should be the fifth option.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Have you switched over to Extreme Mode? Once you're in that mode, press the right key and you should see it cycle through the different voltages. If I'm not mistaken, the Vcore should be the fifth option.
    I did. The bottom initials in yellow for mine cycle through:
    V1 H P DRAM

Hopefully more people will share experiences, I'm having trouble finding troubleshooting info and I don't know what else I could change/try.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast