cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Panel not functioning properly

ALT_F4
Level 7
I have both the sata and rog ext plugged into the OC panel. Using the latest firmware. I can not get it to even change fan settings through oc panel. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

As of right now the only thing the OC panel is being used for is a CPU temperature monitor. I would love to overclock and change settings with the actual device though. Please help! Thanks in advance.
22 REPLIES 22

Chino
Level 15
All fans connected to the OC Panel will run at 100%. You cannot control it.

To change the values for overclocking, you need to press the Normal/Extreme Mode Switch to switch over to the overclocking mode.

Chino wrote:
All fans connected to the OC Panel will run at 100%. You cannot control it.

To change the values for overclocking, you need to press the Normal/Extreme Mode Switch to switch over to the overclocking mode.

I never stated that I connected any fans to the OC Panel nor did I post about trouble or confusion on how to change the value. I appreciate you trying to help but it was not useful.

As per my original post, I have attempted to change the fan setting on the OC panel to see if it will take affect on the computer. Example of standard/silent. I believe the "silent" setting on oc panel is the same within ai suite. Regardless, selecting a fan setting will not change it on OC panel or the computer. Have any of you experienced this?

I know it has to be more than just user error at this point. The oc panel will not show vcore inside the overclocking controls either. Not sure what I can try to troubleshoot the device. Any suggestions related to the actual problem will be very much appreciated.

You can control CPU fans 1 & 2, along with three chassis fans using the Asus Front Base. Sometimes, people get confused between a Front Base the Asus Overclock Panel. As you press the buttons on the front of the Front Base, it'll toggle between each fan and even it gets to the fan you want to control, you can then control the speed of that fan with the knob. The fans themselves don't plug into the Front Base, they say connected to the fan headers on the MB, and when you're in the BIOS setup of the MB, you'll see how they need to be connected. It also allows a push button OC, but I never tried using it.

rolldog wrote:
You can control CPU fans 1 & 2, along with three chassis fans using the Asus Front Base. Sometimes, people get confused between a Front Base the Asus Overclock Panel. As you press the buttons on the front of the Front Base, it'll toggle between each fan and even it gets to the fan you want to control, you can then control the speed of that fan with the knob. The fans themselves don't plug into the Front Base, they say connected to the fan headers on the MB, and when you're in the BIOS setup of the MB, you'll see how they need to be connected. It also allows a push button OC, but I never tried using it.

Yup, some people definitely confuse things, others have things that won't work 😞

I have an early board shipped with 0603 bios which I have updated along the way with all the different bios and have not yet seen my OC panel to work.

Raja, any chance of RMA of just the OC Panel and if that does not work possibly RMA the board? Any suggestions help, I don't enjoy the oc panel being a cpu temp monitor 😄

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Would be helpful knowing complete system components as well as operating system, supporting software and drivers installed.

GoNz0-
Level 10
the cable it thick and inflexible, a very very poor design decision so it may have unseated itself a little ?

funky29cro
Level 7
My problem was i had to clip rubber around connector that goes in oc panel i could not set it in at all , so with razor blade carefuly i clipped rubber of it just so much i can plug it thats only problem i had with it , as rubben was to thick on it .

As we are with talkling obout external units/screens , i cant find anywhere that little screen for rampage 2 extreme i fould it on ebay once and they wanted like 40 uk pounds for it or like 80 dollars ,and they had allot of them 2 of them died on me for rampage 2 extreme and maximus 2 formula ,maximus 2 formula is dead so i need one for r2e if anybody knows where i can buy one for normal price , r2e mobo is now working as media center .

ALT_F4
Level 7
Thanks for posting . Yes that cheap heatshrink I removed instantly because I saw the poor design inhibiting it from being seated in position.

Praz I am using Windows 8.1 on a Rampage V Extreme motherboard with the 5960x and corsair ram. I have the latest drivers for windows, chipset for motherboard, and firmware on oc panel. I am also using the AI Suite3 software. Basically everything on the support page needed for my system I downloaded and installed

ALT_F4
Level 7
I know I've borked something, just not sure where. If the OC panel is not showing vcore and shows input voltage something is wrong. Would not make sense for me to be unable to change cpu voltage. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue, would love to get the OC panel working and be more than just a temperature sensor 😞