cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix issue back with new driver?

InternetOwl
Level 8
I installed the newest driver which I believe is in fact the same except for the Sonic Studio and removal of Dolby DTS and EAX emulation. While I have had no other issues with it I have found that now I once again have the protected audio issue that prevents Netflix from playing that I had with the Phoebus before. More upsetting is that even completely uninstalling the 'new' driver and restarting and then installing the older working driver does not fix it. It does return the DTS and GX but the protected audio issue remains. I am assuming this is because the driver may not be being replaced given it has the same ID, but in truth idk.

Anyone else notice this?
6 REPLIES 6

InternetOwl
Level 8
Fixed the Netflix issue by disabling the 'driver enhancements' and all is good again. So I am a mook mook.

Mineria
Level 7
Yes, the driver has DRM protection issues, can't play half of my music library either (down-streamed albums) because of that.

Mineria, go to your Control Panel and then to Hardware and Sound and then Sound. When you select Sound you should be asked to disable the driver enhancements. Say yes and the DRM issues will go away, at least under Windows 8.1 they did.

Mineria
Level 7
Sticking with the previous version until that and the volume issue is fixed.

Glasofruix
Level 8
That might take a year or two...

Mineria
Level 7
InternetOwl wrote:
I installed the newest driver which I believe is in fact the same except for the Sonic Studio and removal of Dolby DTS and EAX emulation. While I have had no other issues with it I have found that now I once again have the protected audio issue that prevents Netflix from playing that I had with the Phoebus before. More upsetting is that even completely uninstalling the 'new' driver and restarting and then installing the older working driver does not fix it. It does return the DTS and GX but the protected audio issue remains. I am assuming this is because the driver may not be being replaced given it has the same ID, but in truth idk.

Anyone else notice this?

Sorry just noticed that you wrote about the reinstall issue.
When you have installed the old driver you have to use apps.diagcab to get it to re enable protected audio, there is also a registry entry that you can edit by hand to re enable it.

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2777760