cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX Loud Buzzing from fan

Sephiroth1204
Level 7
Hi, I've had my laptop now for about 2 years with no problem. The fan is usually very quiet unless I'm rendering a video and it has to kick into high gear. I'm ok with that, but in the past week, every time the fan activates instead of the 'whoosh' it normally has, there's a loud buzzing from the left vent and entire left side (mainly the lower left) of the laptop starts vibrating intensely. Aside from the fact that the buzzing is much louder than and fan noise and very annoying, I use this laptop to record videos and have it because it's so quiet. The buzz here is too disruptive for that. If someone could please help, I would be grateful
11 REPLIES 11

Darnassus
Status Under Review
... well, it's simple. Something's grown loose, the fan's giving out, or something has been sucked inside.

The only thing to do is to dismantle the unit and clean out the fan, maybe even go as far as lubricating the motor shaft.

If you grab and hold the corner, does it still vibrate? Are you sure it's the fan and not the disc tray?

After opening it up and cleaning it I think the issue is the fan making contact with the upper part of the center of the fan

Sephiroth1204 wrote:
After opening it up and cleaning it I think the issue is the fan making contact with the upper part of the center of the fan

Sephiroth1204, since you have pulled it apart, you could pop out the bad fan and replace it with a new one.

ebay has lots of listings for replacement fans; be sure and find one that specifies your model G750JX and specify if it is GPU or CPU to be replaced.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xasus+g750+replacem...

Yeah, I think I'm going to do that

Sephiroth1204
Level 7
Grabbing the corner affects the noise, and the buzz stops when the fan does, which led me to thing that's what's it. I guess I'll try and open up the system and see if there's something loose or whatnot

Sephiroth1204
Level 7
One more question, I've found the correct fan, do I need anything past that? This is my first time replacing one and I'm having a hard time finding people who talk about it.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I Is it just the fan or does it come with the heatsink and everything associated?

Sephiroth1204
Level 7
I think it's just the fan

I have the same. I ordered a new fan. Cleaning didn't help. It seems this is an issue with this series as I've found many others getting this issue. I have a G751.