cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone get the G751 audio line-in jack to work?

rlcronin
Level 7
I'm trying to get audio from an external device connected to the line-in jack so I can listen to it through the G751's speakers. When I plug it into the line-in jack I get a popup from the Realtek HD Audio Manager asking me which device I connected, but I only get two choices, a rear speaker output or a headphone. But this is a source of input not an output. Has anyone gotten this to work?
--
bc
32 REPLIES 32

NitroX
Level 10
I don't think that this laptop is even supposed to work that way. I know for sure that the only choices in Realtek Manager are "Headphone/Front speakers/Rear Speakers/Center&Subwoofer/Mic in". Are you sure there even is a "Line-in" jack ?

Seen page 20 of the users guide for this laptop? It shows the right side view and describes the rearmost jack thus:

Audio Input Jack
The stereo input jack (1/8 inch) can be used to connect a stereo audio source to the Notebook PC. This feature is mainly used to add audio to multimedia applications.

But it doesn't work. So, is this a bug in the RealTek software or a misprint in the manual?
--
bc

rlcronin wrote:
Seen page 20 of the users guide for this laptop? It shows the right side view and describes the rearmost jack thus:

Audio Input Jack
The stereo input jack (1/8 inch) can be used to connect a stereo audio source to the Notebook PC. This feature is mainly used to add audio to multimedia applications.

But it doesn't work. So, is this a bug in the RealTek software or a misprint in the manual?
--
bc

Hi, I have the same issue. So, is it possible to use Line-In at G751 or I need to buy an external audio device ?
If it's a bug, did you find a solution ?

Hopefully some one will find solution to this, I would like to avoid to buy an external audio device.

It is still not working, even with the latest RealTek drivers that were recently released. Here's screen shots of the popup window I get when I plug something into the front, middle and rear jacks. None of the popups include "line-in" as a choice. The only input-type choice, available only with the center jack, is microphone. I've tried using the center jack and lying that the line level input I plugged in is a microphone and while that does enable me to mix in the sounds from the line-in source, it has numerous drawbacks.
--
bc

NitroX wrote:
I don't think that this laptop is even supI'm debating posed to work that way. I know for sure that the only choices in Realtek Manager are "Headphone/Front speakers/Rear Speakers/Center&Subwoofer/Mic in". Are you sure there even is a "Line-in" jack ?

I have a G751JY Laptop. It has a mic in and a line in. The problem is line in is not recognized by DEvice manager. When I plug a line in cord in, the laptop thinks it's a mic in. So the system knows something has been plugged in to line in but line in is not recognized.
Does anyone have this model with a line in that is working and recognized by device manager. I'm debating whether to RMA this computer, but I'm thinking it's
a software issue rather than hardware. Thks.

viper3000
Level 7
I agree with rlcronin.

sa_stilom
Level 7
I know, I get the same thing. I hope this will be solves ASAP, because that was one of the reason why I bought this laptop.
I'm missing this already for 3 months. But seem I'll need to buy external sound card... Shame, while I already paid 2.000 € for this laptop.

Well, someone with the patience and time to run the Asus tech support gauntlet needs to point out that the documentation clearly states it should work, but in practice that it doesn't and get some sort of official response. I don't have the time for that just now. I was hoping someone else either had it working and could outline how to achieve that result, or else would take it on themselves and pursue it with Asus. How about you? 😉
--
bc

sa_stilom
Level 7
I just did.