Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by smushroomed View Post
    I would like to return my strix 970s for strix 980s. I purchased and have registered 2 strix 970's, asus 97-a mobo and a ROG SWIFT in anticipation of gaming @ 1440p and I feel that I have been misled as to what the 970 was capable of.
    Return the cards and pay the difference if you want the performance of the 980s.

  2. #22
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    86

    Quote Originally Posted by unspok3n View Post
    Return the cards and pay the difference if you want the performance of the 980s.
    stores just cannot all do that without mention from in this case ASUS manufacturer, once more i know NV screwed about everyone buy they are only the chip design, don't make the goods and that's on ASUS

  3. #23
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    29
    Posts
    1,374

    ASUS doesn't actually make the goods.

    They do some custom work, but as Marshall stated, for ****'s sake it's a silicon level problem, ASUS can't fix it for you, only Nvidia can. I suppose this is the risk you run when you buy computer components just barely after they've been released and the public hasn't had a chance to properly test them yet.
    Say hi to the next generation.

    Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

  4. #24
    bell's and whistle's Array sWaZi sKunk PC Specs
    sWaZi sKunk PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus 7 Formula Z97
    Processori7-4790k Devil's Canyon
    Memory (part number)16gb G-Skill Trident 2400mhz
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon GTX980
    MonitorVG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256gb
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyThermalTake 1050w DPS
    sWaZi sKunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    101

    Harassing the Asus tech team is just wasting everyone's time. Custom building a PC is just like custom building anything else, if you don't understand that then it's your own fault. Updating all drivers could very well have to do with some issues (as well as compatibility) considering there are some people hitting 4gb on single and SLI setup's without issue. People are getting tunnel vision and misunderstanding official statements, just because the card didn't have a big label saying it has a memory issue doesn't mean it was not advertised right. Case and point is it is still being advertised the same! I fully expect to see nVidia release software to fix the problem all together. If you write-off Asus for this problem the only person your hurting is yourself.

    You may know more about tech specs or be better educated from forums but that doesn't mean you know someone's job better then them, let alone give you the right to harass them for is ***hole. The guy has guidelines he has to follow. Luckily for you, you didn't come to my shop with that attitude or I would of made that conversation much, much, much shorter kid.
    ROG2015 Back in Red&Black
    NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE

  5. #25
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by sWaZi sKunk View Post
    Harassing the Asus tech team is just wasting everyone's time. Custom building a PC is just like custom building anything else, if you don't understand that then it's your own fault. Updating all drivers could very well have to do with some issues (as well as compatibility) considering there are some people hitting 4gb on single and SLI setup's without issue. People are getting tunnel vision and misunderstanding official statements, just because the card didn't have a big label saying it has a memory issue doesn't mean it was not advertised right. Case and point is it is still being advertised the same! I fully expect to see nVidia release software to fix the problem all together. If you write-off Asus for this problem the only person your hurting is yourself.

    You may know more about tech specs or be better educated from forums but that doesn't mean you know someone's job better then them, let alone give you the right to harass them for is ***hole. The guy has guidelines he has to follow. Luckily for you, you didn't come to my shop with that attitude or I would of made that conversation much, much, much shorter kid.
    First off we didnt have the full info on these cards at release and have been experiencing problems for the last three months running tests and We def understood what we were buying and the reason we are mad is we are not experiencing what was sold and promised in reviews performance tests and as marketed.

    If you sold me card knowing full well of the specs and i came to your shop showing facts and released documents stating that it didnt perform to promised specs and heres a lil information we held back and you tried to give me an attitude sir the conversation would have gone a lot different for you than for the tech that obviously doesn't know computers just has a tree of options to click from. I didnot harass the tech if you would have read that you would see i was respectful until he kept insinuating my mother board and bios where the problem. Second of all software will not fix the hardware problem you dope. The second 512 mbs of cash are slower and the original 3.5 gb is also slower than the 224 gb/s originally offered its actually runs at 192bg/s also the rops and the l2 cache were wrong then we get blamed for buying something off of stats provided. You sir are about as useless as the tech if you cant do your own research and tests which i have im no forum hero or anything you claim. I actually ran tests.
    Last edited by jweldy; 01-30-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: grammar errors

  6. #26
    bell's and whistle's Array sWaZi sKunk PC Specs
    sWaZi sKunk PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus 7 Formula Z97
    Processori7-4790k Devil's Canyon
    Memory (part number)16gb G-Skill Trident 2400mhz
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon GTX980
    MonitorVG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256gb
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyThermalTake 1050w DPS
    sWaZi sKunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    101

    From what I've read on OCN and Tom's and a couple misc threads is some people are experiencing game breaking FPS after 3.5-3.6gb use. And some people are not. Different real world test are resulting is different problems, so you can't say that drivers/compatibility/and software are a non-issue. If you look at the billion long thread at OCN ton's of GTX970 guys are running full 4gb in games without issue, and some are dropping down to 4fps after 3.5-3.6. The tech was respectfully trying to help you and you told him you know more about his job and even went on to call him an idiot.

    nVidia is clearly trying to make right on the situation, being a **** to someone whom has no control over it it pretty petty, witch is obviously what you are. Optimization of the hardware will fix the bigest problem most people are having technically. You might have better luck communicating with people if you spoke with a little respect, and proof read your messages because you just come off sounding like more of a issue then the marketing mistake it'self. This isn't the first or last time reviewers and marketing teams have made slight overlooks, go harass a nVidia rep.

    or return your 'gimped un-usable' card and laugh your way all the whole way down the passed up on a good piece of tech because your butt hurt rd... sir
    ROG2015 Back in Red&Black
    NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE

  7. #27
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by sWaZi sKunk View Post
    From what I've read on OCN and Tom's and a couple misc threads is some people are experiencing game breaking FPS after 3.5-3.6gb use. And some people are not. Different real world test are resulting is different problems, so you can't say that drivers/compatibility/and software are a non-issue. If you look at the billion long thread at OCN ton's of GTX970 guys are running full 4gb in games without issue, and some are dropping down to 4fps after 3.5-3.6. The tech was respectfully trying to help you and you told him you know more about his job and even went on to call him an idiot.

    nVidia is clearly trying to make right on the situation, being a **** to someone whom has no control over it it pretty petty, witch is obviously what you are. Optimization of the hardware will fix the bigest problem most people are having technically. You might have better luck communicating with people if you spoke with a little respect, and proof read your messages because you just come off sounding like more of a issue then the marketing mistake it'self. This isn't the first or last time reviewers and marketing teams have made slight overlooks, go harass a nVidia rep.

    or return your 'gimped un-usable' card and laugh your way all the whole way down the passed up on a good piece of tech because your butt hurt rd... sir
    Never said it wasnt a good card nor am i butt hurt nor is this a slight over look. I love the gtx 970 and honestly the only problem ive had with it is games that do require more than 3.5gb of vram. I also called him an idiot because i do HIS job for a living not for asus but a company like it and i know exactly what they are supposed to know and how they are supposed to proceed with a claim or question. GRanted i could have used a cleaner mouth i chalk that up to bad manners and i was just frustrated as you can tell. I just want what i paid for I would have never bought the 970 with the stats i have right now and the new specs provided which in gpuz states the false rops and l2 cache as well so the information about the ROPS and L2CACHE is relativity a surprise.

  8. #28
    bell's and whistle's Array sWaZi sKunk PC Specs
    sWaZi sKunk PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus 7 Formula Z97
    Processori7-4790k Devil's Canyon
    Memory (part number)16gb G-Skill Trident 2400mhz
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon GTX980
    MonitorVG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256gb
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyThermalTake 1050w DPS
    sWaZi sKunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    101

    So you love the card, but you never would have bought it? Every single reputable reviewer following this unfortunate event has said, with all things being said, their recommendation for the GTX 970 has and will not change. The only thing that could effect this 'best price performance' bargain on a current gen architect is the price drop in AMD. I believe the 290x but don't quote me on that because I couldn't care less. I don't think that they dropped it to jab nVidia (I would say this isn't AMD's style) but has more to do with the soon release of their next line of cards (rumored).

    What is it that you want? A refund? You can get it. A rebate? Game codes? A personal letter from Asus or nVidia saying they love you and promise never to make any mistakes ever again? At least they didn't send you a bottle of Jergin's and tell you to go rub yourself. DISCLAIMER: JERGINS IS NOT INTENDED TO WITHSTAND CONSTANT FRICTION AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS INTENDED WITHIN THE LIMITS OF INTENTION NOR IS ADVERTISED AS RUBBING COMPOUND NOR AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISINTERPRETATION OF JERGINS INTENDED USES

    I work partially in customer service as well; cars not computers. However if it's taught me anything it's that people who are rude, unwilling to be helped, judgmental, and immature get the LEAST amount of help i could possibly provide. Not that that's what the Asus tech did god bless his patient soul.

    If your looking for compensation for your frustration please inform me where you bought the card, and I will link you to their customer support rep, maybe the guys over there will have a inherit full understanding of all the tech aspects you claim to test and be able to bake you up a better response. Have a eggsilent day.
    Last edited by sWaZi sKunk; 01-30-2015 at 08:44 PM.
    ROG2015 Back in Red&Black
    NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE

  9. #29
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by sWaZi sKunk View Post
    So you love the card, but you never would have bought it? Every single reputable reviewer following this unfortunate event has said, with all things being said, their recommendation for the GTX 970 has and will not change. The only thing that could effect this 'best price performance' bargain on a current gen architect is the price drop in AMD. I believe the 290x but don't quote me on that because I couldn't care less. I don't think that they dropped it to jab nVidia (I would say this isn't AMD's style) but has more to do with the soon release of their next line of cards (rumored).

    What is it that you want? A refund? You can get it. A rebate? Game codes? A personal letter from Asus or nVidia saying they love you and promise never to make any mistakes ever again? At least they didn't send you a bottle of Jergin's and tell you to go rub yourself. DISCLAIMER: JERGINS IS NOT INTENDED TO WITHSTAND CONSTANT FRICTION AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS INTENDED WITHIN THE LIMITS OF INTENTION NOR IS ADVERTISED AS RUBBING COMPOUND NOR AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISINTERPRETATION OF JERGINS INTENDED USES

    I work partially in customer service as well; cars not computers. However if it's taught me anything it's that people who are rude, unwilling to be helped, judgmental, and immature get the LEAST amount of help i could possibly provide. Not that that's what the Asus tech did god bless his patient soul.

    If your looking for compensation for your frustration please inform me where you bought the card, and I will link you to their customer support rep, maybe the guys over there will have a inherit full understanding of all the tech aspects you claim to test and be able to bake you up a better response. Have a eggsilent day.

    I can tell your in customer service by your passive aggressive tone and your twisting of words. I appreciate your intelligence and let me say I applaud your attempt to discourage but Ill stop you there. No I do not recommend this card for it is not what it is being sold as. Yes it performs well under nominal conditions but if you stress it to the point it was intended for ( extensive gaming as said in sales videos)it stutters even in some 1080p instances while trying to dip into the secondary 512mb of slower ram after exhausting the primary faster 3.5gb. Also the speeds of the ram are slower than advertised also as Ive stated before the rops and the l2cache. Which was not advertised on box,video, or sales pitch. So yes I agree in light of the situation some of us including myself have gone a little off and have been rude for that Im sorry but again the ones of us who do experience the problems, having known about true specs of the card and the problems might occur would have not bought this card and gone to a Gtx 980 or stay with 780s and TIs.

  10. #30
    ROG Enthusiast Array libremaster PC Specs
    libremaster PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Formula
    Processori7 4790k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz 32GBs
    Graphics Card #1MSI 970 GTX
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT 27" G-Sync
    Storage #1OCZ SDD 256GBs Vector
    Storage #2San Disk Ultra II 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseObsidian 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850i
    Keyboard RIPJAWS G.Skill KM780 RGB - Mechanical
    Mouse Gx Deathtaker 5700dpi
    Headset Logitech G633
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries
    OS Windows 10
    libremaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    32

    Card is great. Up 'till now everyone was happy with these cads.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •