cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New CPU installed, ..." Error

Jellonase
Level 7
Hello everyone! I'm register today, in hope, you can help me!

My Problem: I bought the Asus Maximus VII Formula and the Intel core i7 4790k. But everytime I turn on my PC, it shut down after 1 or 2 seconds, and than it restarts after about 3 sec. After this, the RoG screen appears, and after this, a error appears, with "New CPU installed. Please enter setup to configure the system". Than I go into the BIOS and set all on default. I also see, that my RAM is just running on 1333Mhz, it should run on 2400Mhz.

Can someone help me, to fix this Problems?

My Computer:
CPU: Intel core i7 4790k
MB: Asus Maximus VII Formula
RAM: Corsair Vegeance 2x4 GB 2400Mhz
HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
HDD2: WD Black 3TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000
GPU: NVidia GTX 260
--------------------------------------
I overclocked nothing!

Thanks for help.

Jellonase.
25 REPLIES 25

Nate152
Hello Jellonase and welcome

You could try loosening or remounting your cpu cooler or try the intel stock cooler. if this doesn't help have a read through this, you may need a new board.

http://newcpuinstalledissue.daemoncms.com/

Puffnstuff
Level 10
After you enter bios and enter the settings and save does it still give you the error? You have to either set the system to xmp profile or manually enter your memory settings to bring them up to your speed.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Jellonase
Level 7
Does a BIOS Update could help?

Nate152

Jellonase
Level 7
Mh, ok, than I send it back, and get a new one.
But why appears this error?

Nate152

Jellonase
Level 7
Mh ok, I'll send it back.

Nate152

Jellonase
Level 7
Yes. I have just the Intel Boxed Cooler. And I was remounting the cooler, still the same problem.