Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy9 View Post
    I got a G20 at BB at the end of November and I wanted some extra GPU power. Would the new Asus gtx 960 fit in my G20? It has a GTX 750 in it now, and I have both power supplies so that will not be an issue. OR is their another Asus card that would fit and be a better value?

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-STRIX-GTX...ywords=gtx+960

Thanks for the help!
    I have sucessfully installed an ASUS GTX 1060t into an ROG G20 aj ...with not additional power supply...all works perfectly. Bear in mind this particular card has a tdp of only 120watts...not sure about others.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RayMargrain View Post
    I have sucessfully installed an ASUS GTX 1060t into an ROG G20 aj ...with not additional power supply...all works perfectly. Bear in mind this particular card has a tdp of only 120watts...not sure about others.

Did you simply move that pin on the motherboard over to activate the power connectors and connect the 6pin to the card? Just curious if the second power supply is not required to get power through the 6 pin?

I have an RX 560 I could put in one of these G20’s, but it is a version with a 6pin and not pci power only. The one power supply should be fine on this 75 watt card, but wanted to confirm power would still be supplied through the 6pin with only the one power supply connected?
    Last edited by tkachuk07; 07-13-2018 at 06:09 PM.

New ROGer Array

More power

Would it be wise to add a add2psu to get more power to g20:s. Like if you get gtx 1080 ti and add external psu. Would the remote to switch second psu on done via one of these ( https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro..._skc=250&rt=nc ) ?
    Of course you have to cut the box... Or cut the gpu back plate (exhaust vent) and direct the wires from there to psu - gpu. At this way if you get a reference card and ad liquid cooling that is installed directly to gpu:s chip, it would be possible to route these lines too, out of that way. This way the case would not get heated as much as regular air cooling and you case would be intact. Or am I way off with this idea? Later on on you could add a cpu cooler too if plan to add better cpu...
    Last edited by funkyman05; 09-23-2018 at 11:28 AM.

New ROGer Array

There is no 24 pin connection from the g20 motherboard so this would be the next best thing how to get the signal out for the second psu to swich on. I would not like to manually always switch it on or have sketchy wires laying around. I'm searching the clean and safe setup.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add2psu.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	296.3 KB 
ID:	75928

ROG Member Array

Hi i have a g20cb that has 1070 already and bought a gtx 1080 but i need an confirmation first before i start to change it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by tkachuk07 View Post
    Did you simply move that pin on the motherboard over to activate the power connectors and connect the 6pin to the card? Just curious if the second power supply is not required to get power through the 6 pin?

I have an RX 560 I could put in one of these G20’s, but it is a version with a 6pin and not pci power only. The one power supply should be fine on this 75 watt card, but wanted to confirm power would still be supplied through the 6pin with only the one power supply connected?
    My G20CB came with a 1070 and an 8pin PCI-E cable. I haven't tried to boot up with only one PSU connected.

When I upgraded to the 1080 TI, I had to add the 6pin PCI-E cable, and change the jumpers to combine the power of both power supplies.

No need for any ATX power supplies. The stock power bricks (with jumpers in correct settings) will handle even a 1080TI at 100% power. I have the 1080TI hooked up to a 60hz 4k and a 144hz 2k monitor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3