cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus 970 strix false specs

Mentas
Level 7
hi i would like to know how to get a refund on my strix 970 becuase it is has false specs. i live in EUROPE, i know ASUS may have no guilt in the matter but non the less my card is theres.

i would like a 980 with obvious cash diference on my part..is such a thing possible?

if ASUS wont resolve the matter i will have to bring the law to the retailer i bought the card
29 REPLIES 29

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
The reason the card has false specs is not ASUS' fault, the incorrect information came from Nvidia themselves, from the Marketing Dept IIRC. So, your best bet is to remove the card, go to the retailer you bought it from. Tell them about the problem and then arrange for either a refund, or upgrade to a 980.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
The reason the card has false specs is not ASUS' fault, the incorrect information came from Nvidia themselves, from the Marketing Dept IIRC. So, your best bet is to remove the card, go to the retailer you bought it from. Tell them about the problem and then arrange for either a refund, or upgrade to a 980.

yes i agree guess it makes sense, was just hopping to lead directly from ASUS as shops seem to take their time and might not know about the issue

Mentas
Level 7
nvidia told me to contact ASUS, since its a asus card and my retailer cant accept the card without a recall issue

what do i do

Mentas
Level 7
why wont ASUS help a ASUS customer, ASUS portugal is saying its with the store and the store with asus....why not do good on a ASUS card IT IS YOUR CARD.

evga is doing a recall why not ASUS HELP THEIR FANS, I ALREADY KNOW I HAVE 2 YEAR WARRANTY

ASUS CASEID=RWTM20150128191248209-302 Please click here if you wish to reply this mail!
Estimado cliente,

Para a gestão de garantias de placas gráficas, nos dois primeiros anos será sempre junto da loja, pelo que neste caso deverá tentar resolver a situação junto da mesma.

Obrigado por contactar com a ASUS Iberica Customer Service Department.

Atentamente,
ASUS Ibérica Customer Care

jasjeetsingh
Level 7
You dont need ASUS. Use the LAW.

Fraudulent misrepresentation
A fraudulent misrepresentation occurs when someone makes a statement that -
they know is untrue, or,
they make without believing it is true, or,
they make recklessly

If you enter into a contract as a result of a fraudulent misrepresentation, then you can cancel the contract, claim damages, or both.
The Misrepresentation Act 1967 allows you to base your claim on negligence or on the fraud.
In addition, when a misrepresentation claim is based on negligence, the law states that the person who made the misrepresentation has to disprove the negligence.

In other words, they must prove that they had reasonable grounds to believe the statement, and that they believed the facts represented were true.

Negligent misrepresentation
This is a misrepresentation under the Misrepresentation Act 1967 where a statement is made carelessly or without reasonable grounds for believing its truth.
A negligent misrepresentation may fall under common law or under the Misrepresentation Act 1967. Financial loss may be recovered in some circumstances.

Go and read the Misrepresentation Act 1967, then relay that information to the retailer, they will bow down to your requests. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/7

nVidia have admitted the engineering team knew of the specifications, yet the PR team published incorrect specifications (and continue to do so..), so this is not covered by the Innocent Misrepresentation, but instead of the 2 types of misrepresentation i listed above. This is atleast true for the UK, there is probably one for your country and one for the EU as well.

Europe

DIRECTIVE 2006/114/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 12 December 2006 concerning misleading and comparative advertising

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:376:0021:0027:EN:PDF

NVIDIA is in breach of Article 3
Article 3
In determining whether advertising is misleading, account shall
be taken of all its features, and in particular of any information
it contains concerning:
(a) the characteristics of goods or services, such as their availability,
nature, execution, composition, method and date of
manufacture or provision, fitness for purpose, uses, quantity,
specification, geographical or commercial origin or the
results to be expected from their use, or the results and material
features of tests or checks carried out on the goods or
services;
(b) the price or the manner in which the price is calculated, and
the conditions on which the goods are supplied or the services
provided;
(c) the nature, attributes and rights of the advertiser, such as his
identity and assets, his qualifications and ownership of industrial,
commercial or intellectual property rights or his awards
and distinctions.

You can quote that to the retailer, see them shake in their boots.

i have an strix 970(31k INR india) which i bought from a LOCAL RETAILER ,i am not sure how do i get the return??
i bought it during christmas 2014.even watchdogs(modded),ac unity stutters at ultra setting with aa max (at 900P)
my vram usage doesnt go above 3600mb
if they make me return the card(which is lot of legwork in india) screw nvidia!!(i chagned my whole pc for this card and turns out card works at 3.5gb 192gb/s(stated 4gb 224gb/s) with bonus stuttering) jus let the consumers know quickly what's your final say about this issue.
as you clearly(NV) wanted to hide the issue..its been 4months since card released
i need what i was promised 4gb -224gb/s if not reduce the cost of the card or allow DISCOUNT on gtx 980
ELSE ANYONE HELP ME HOW DO I GET REFUND FOR MY STRIX 970 in INDIA ??
HOW DO I CONTACT/APPROACH ASUS ABOUT THIS??

Mandeep148
Level 7
I also bought strix from India about 30.500inr
When I play heavy games , when games use less than 3500mb game run fine but when it exceed game some time crash or stutter like hell..
Please provide me refund..
Thanks.

which psu are you using ??as i also get Bsod'swhen playing heavy games like watchdogs(modded) and CODAW,unity
And also your cpu?
thanks

Mandeep148 wrote:
I also bought strix from India about 30.500inr
When I play heavy games , when games use less than 3500mb game run fine but when it exceed game some time crash or stutter like hell..
Please provide me refund..
Thanks.

which psu are you using ??as i also get Bsod'swhen playing heavy games like watchdogs(modded) and CODAW,unity but not in case of blackflag all settings high (I GAME at 900p)
And also your cpu?
thanks