cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G771 missing parts

b-earl
Level 7
I bought my G771JM in Sweden.
But I on my laptop there is the screws and the hatch for the m.2 slot missing. Where can I get them?
6 REPLIES 6

Clintlgm
Level 14
So if you notebook came with out M.2 drive your not going to get the caddy for one.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

hmscott
Level 12
b-earl wrote:
I bought my G771JM in Sweden.
But I on my laptop there is the screws and the hatch for the m.2 slot missing. Where can I get them?

b-earl, are you saying that the case cover for that M.2 slot is missing? Like it was never attached, so there is an open hole in the case??

If so send Asus a photo of the open spot, and ask Asus to send you the replacement part.

https://vip.asus.com

They will probably ask you to send in the whole laptop for the "repair" so if you just bought it, then take it back to the seller and show them the problem, and ask them to pull it off another unit, and they can send that unit back for "repair" - you don't want to go through reloading / configuring all your software again - they could also move the disk from your unit to a new unit and give you that 🙂

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54415-G771-not-recognizing-m-2-drive&p=454960&viewfull=1#po...

Hi hmscott!
It is the parts encircled in red in the picture that are missing. Have now contacted Asus service, will see what they say tomorrow.
Thanks for the help.

NProkopiev
Level 7
b-earl have you try to install OS on m2 ssd, because when i install the ssd i cant see it in bios or Windows installation.

P.S I have too missing those parts

hmscott
Level 12
It seems to be a theme with Asus lately, with not providing the support parts for options not included in the model. At least Asus should eventually offer them in their eStore, like they did with the HDD caddy's - those weren't available for quite a while as well.

Night_Devil
Level 7
also I do not have this cap