cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me on my new ROG SWIFT PG278Q MONITOR

MROOD
Level 9
Spent a huge amount of money on this monitor but im getting some issues and need more info, the manual is terrible.

SWIFT PG278Q

anyway connected it to my PC via Display Port to mini display port, not sure what version the cable is though

However my "on the fly refresh rate button" does not work, its suppose to change from 60/120/144hz everytime i press it, all it does is states what refresh rate im on, I have to use the windows control panel to change the refresh rate, I thought it was a hotkey to change the refresh rate when I want? is there a way to get this working or am I missing something.

Also had a look at the Asus website, it shows there are 2 drivers for this monitor, do I need a driver for this monitor ? as the manual is not helpful.
Not sure if anything got installed when I connected this monitor to the PC

One more issue, I started a movie with my media player and the whole screen went to a fuzzy dark blue colour with lines running across the screen, no response, I panicked so I switch off my PC, re-started it and the monitor is ok now, should I be worried?

Last of all, do you need a display port 1.2 cable to use this monitor, I have a display port 1.1a I think , a cable came with the monitor but its not mini display port as my gpu only has the mini connection.
So do I need the 1.2?
3 REPLIES 3

MROOD
Level 9
ok its happened a 2nd time now, just went to watch a you tube vid, and screen gone fuzzy again! had to re-start pc to get monitor working!
£630 for this?

MROOD wrote:
ok its happened a 2nd time now, just went to watch a you tube vid, and screen gone fuzzy again! had to re-start pc to get monitor working!
£630 for this?

The failure rate is astoundingly high for this monitor, ASUS OC'ed this monitor and Monitors rarely survive being OC'ed... Good luck with the RMA process.
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

MROOD wrote:
£630 for this?

well the RMA process will be fairly easy and quick for me, the retailer gurantees the 1st 1 year, any issues direct refund, + the card I bought it on covers me for defects to, honestly after spending hours trouble shooting, i thinks its the cable im using thats causing the fuzzyness, everytime I go above the 60Hz refresh rate while watching a video it goes fuzzy, but anything below is ok, plus its running on a crappy 1.1a display port cable and a 7970 AMD card, anyways im gonna hang on until I get my new Nvdia 980 tommorow, Hoping the supplied cable is display port 1.2 I,ll troubleshoot some more with the new hardware, will update this thread.