cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard lags as i type.

SubVirus
Level 7
This problem is only really an issue when i'm inside of a game -- however it has no excuse to suddenly stop accepting characters due to the game i'm playing... The game requires very little power to run as my laptop from 2006 runs it just fine at full settings and i do not experience this lag from typing.
I'll just throw this out there, this laptop is the G750JM-BSI7N24 running windows 8.1 from a Fresh Factory Install. I've had the laptop since christmas. The problems started as soon as i first opened it even just filling out the information to register the laptop it was lagging my input.
I've updated all the drivers with the Asus Install - thing and i've installed updates from Microsoft as they come. I don't run a whole lot... maybe pandora and steam together but that's about it.... This machine is a beast in comparison to my old laptop from 06 so I'd like to put this silly keyboard input problem to bed.
At the moment i don't really have any ideal leads but I do have a pretty extensive background in computers so if you have any information I'll likely be able to figure out something with your advice.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

hmscott
Level 12
SubVirus wrote:
This problem is only really an issue when i'm inside of a game -- however it has no excuse to suddenly stop accepting characters due to the game i'm playing... The game requires very little power to run as my laptop from 2006 runs it just fine at full settings and i do not experience this lag from typing.
I'll just throw this out there, this laptop is the G750JM-BSI7N24 running windows 8.1 from a Fresh Factory Install. I've had the laptop since christmas. The problems started as soon as i first opened it even just filling out the information to register the laptop it was lagging my input.
I've updated all the drivers with the Asus Install - thing and i've installed updates from Microsoft as they come. I don't run a whole lot... maybe pandora and steam together but that's about it.... This machine is a beast in comparison to my old laptop from 06 so I'd like to put this silly keyboard input problem to bed.
At the moment i don't really have any ideal leads but I do have a pretty extensive background in computers so if you have any information I'll likely be able to figure out something with your advice.
Thanks.

SubVirus, this problem has 2 solutions, both involve disabling the Trackpad. You can try the BIOS version first, disable the Pointing Device and use a mouse and see if the character lag stops.

If that works, then you can try the less disruptive solution, enable the Pointing Device in the BIOS, and use Asus Smart Gesture systray app to set the Trackpad to be Disabled when a mouse is connected. For some this works, for many only the BIOS disablement is effective enough.

Please let us know how it works for you 🙂

SubVirus
Level 7
I'm sorry, I had the Touchpad disabled when writing the Old Post. So something else must be doing it or the driver just really lags.

SubVirus wrote:
I'm sorry, I had the Touchpad disabled when writing the Old Post. So something else must be doing it or the driver just really lags.

SubVirus, did you disable pointing device in the BIOS, or via the Asus Smart Gesture method, or both? Some report the BIOS method is the only one that works for them, others say disabling via Smart Gesture is enough.

What game(s) are you seeing the keyboard lag in? Since you tried an external mouse (disabled the trackpad), have you tried an external keyboard - do you still have lag?

SubVirus
Level 7
Right now I experience lag with keyboard input from google chrome, firefox, internet explorer, world of warcraft, minecraft, starcraft, diablo 3, path of exile, and civ 5.
I have not tried disabling the touchpad all together from the bios but i'll give it a whirl and update with that - additionally if that doesn't work i'll try the external keyboard.
thanks for your suggestions. i'll get back with you as soon a i have evidence that something has changed or not.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Hit Charm Bar > Settings > Change PC Settings > PC and Devices > Mouse and Touchpad > Touchpad

Change the Delay to Short, or off completely.

Changing the setting to high, then down to low fixed the problem for me, personally.