cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX and Win 10 build 9926

CloDel_Studios
Level 7
First of all, it is running GREAT!

Okay, now thats out of the way, any of you using it yet? If it helps anybody, this is what I did.

I downloaded the Win10 iso, and I used Rufus to put on my usb stick(I will be using WinReducer next to tweak it, and can provide tutorial for that if anyone wishes). When I restart the computer, I hit escape right away to select boot device. I choose UFI and the usb stick that has the installer on it.

I do a clean install, wipe out all partitions and install. I finally caved in and am using my Microsoft account to login to windows(though there is a way to prevent you from having to type in the password to log in). Once Windows boots up, I checked the Device Manager to find that it had a driver for everything 🙂 Though, I still install a few from the G75VX downloads page, using drivers from Windows 8.

The ones that I used are:
Alcor Multi-Card Reader Driver 20.2.145.43581
Synaptics Touchpad Driver 16.2.2.0(setup does not work for me, i have to open WinWDF/x64/dpinst.exe)
Keyboard Device Filter 1.0.0.5
ATK Package 1.0.0031
ASUS Virtual Camera Utility 1.0.28

I have used it both with and without the following
Intel Chipset Drivers 9.4.0.1027
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver 12.8.5.1000
Intel Management Engine Interface 9.6.0.1038

I use the most recently avail drivers from asus, but I can't say what version as I am under NDA on that

I do a reboot after each and every driver, and did the windows updates as well.

This thing boots up really quick, restarts quick, it runs great 🙂

Asus G75VX - 8gb ram - Samsung 840 EVO 250gb - Win 10 build 9926 x64
5 REPLIES 5

samozen
Level 8
I have this Asus since 2013 and it still boot in 10 seconds

gandhiaayush
Level 7
I just installed windows 10 on my G75VX and there are some problems i ran into which I think anyone upgrading to win 10 should be aware of.
1) Bluetooth drivers I believe are not perfect. I have a bluetooth dongle and I have to restart my computer everytime I want to pair a bluetooth device after removing it.
2) Subwoofers dont work (It makes static noise) with the g75 default audio drivers and i have to turn them off to actually hear anything from speakers.

CloDel_Studios
Level 7
yeah, it is still a beast of a laptop, though a 750 would be nice too 🙂
Asus G75VX - 8gb ram - Samsung 840 EVO 250gb - Win 10 build 9926 x64

grayrock
Level 9
I did a upgrade install over Win 8.1. Everything works well except the realtek sound. I get a high pitched screeching sound. When I turn off the enhancements, it works fine but the subwoofer does not work. Are you seeing this issue with the clean install?
Thanks!

jowens1126
Level 7
what version of GPUTweak is that? I installed the windows 8 version and it caused a page fault. It wouldnt even boot into win10. I had to go into win7 and delete the gputweak folder to get win10 to boot.