cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic fan speed and CPU temp on Hero VII

Terepin
Level 8
This looks like issue in BIOS. If I let BIOS to control all 4 case fans (Noctua A14-FLX), fans erratically jump from profile created by benchmark to maximum RPM to N/A and back to normal. This is extremely annoying, and, unfortunately, AI Suite isn't capable to ged rid of it completely. I have set bottom to fan to turn off when CPU temperature drops bellow 40 degrees. Well, it does, until it decide to jump from 0 to minimum RPM and back without CPU even reaching 40 degrees. And even if it was, fan has 51 seconds spin-up time, which it completely ignores. Speaking about CPU, even temp readings are acting weird. They tend to jump from 32 to 41 to 34 to 43 to 35 to 41, which worsens bottom fan even more so.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello Terepin

It sounds like you have your fans set to run with the cpu temp, try setting them to run with the motherboard temp.

It's normal for your cpu to fluctuate a little with temps when in windows.

Are you using just one temp monitoring program?

Nate152 wrote:
Are you using just one temp monitoring program?

Yeah, just AI Suite, since SpeeFan ain't working properly.

Norcus wrote:
Dont turn off fans. It requires more voltage to start up than to maintain low speed so while you have long spinup time the voltage gradually increases then suddenly the fan starts to spin way too fast and voltage drops too low. Just maintain lowest stable speed on all fans and increase the less noisy ones first when temps go up.

Also run the fan tuning twice or more. It sometimes does not capture the whole RPM range of the fans. I usually get it in 2 tuning rounds.

Dont use the included Noctua wire that reduces speed when you use any kind of fan controllers.

Hope this helped.

Will try it, thanks for the help.

Norcus
Level 8
Dont turn off fans. It requires more voltage to start up than to maintain low speed so while you have long spinup time the voltage gradually increases then suddenly the fan starts to spin way too fast and voltage drops too low. Just maintain lowest stable speed on all fans and increase the less noisy ones first when temps go up.

Also run the fan tuning twice or more. It sometimes does not capture the whole RPM range of the fans. I usually get it in 2 tuning rounds.

Dont use the included Noctua wire that reduces speed when you use any kind of fan controllers.

Hope this helped.

Nate152
Don't go by ai suite for cpu temps, ai suite doesn't give the core temps. Use real temp 3.70 to monitor your cpu temps and don't have ai suite running with real temp.