Corsair 750D Case
Asus Rampage V Extreme
Intel 5930K
Corsair H100i water cooler
Mushkin 2400 cl13
Evga P2 1000 watt
Samsung pro 850 ssd
Evga Gtx 980

first turn on went into bios looking around then bam if rebooted on its own. went back in set everything stock started installing windows 7 again during install it did it. got windows installed ...random reboots while installing all drivers and updating ...flashed bios to latest 0901 .... still would keep doing this sometimes running for an hour then reboot... got new ram g skill 2400 cl 15 ...still did it... then though maybe power supply ... installed a new evga supernova 1600 watt .... again same thing.... ran benchmarks for 15 min all temps ok voltages seem ok .... sometimes the reboots required me to unplug the power and re plug it back in before it would turn on again ..... no pins are bent on cpu ...... please help

also during one of the reboots going into the bios the vcore voltage was in the red over 1.75 then it shut off the comp only noticed that one time at the beginning....didn't seem to do it again that I noticed
11 REPLIES 11

Chino
Level 15

wolfxxx
Level 7
it was a bad motherboard ....exchanged it and now im running 2 days without a restart or reboot happening

jekidwell
Level 7
I am having the same problem. @Chino does this motherboard require both the 8 pin and 4 pin connectors by the CPU need to be connected to the PSU?
Rampage V Extreme
Intel 5930K @ 4400 MHz
CPU Cooled by Koolance EXOS 2.5 Radiator
Koolance CPU-380I Water Block
AMD R9 295x2 with stock hybrid cooler
16GB DDR4 Gskill DRAM F4-3000C15Q-16GRK
15-15-15-35 2T, 1.35 Vdc , clocked at 2400MHz
Corsair ATX 1200i Power Supply

Chino
Level 15
The 8 pin header is mandatory. The other 4 pin is optional but highly recommended if your PSU has the cable or if you're going to be doing any overclocking. 🙂

Chino wrote:
The 8 pin header is mandatory. The other 4 pin is optional but highly recommended if your PSU has the cable or if you're going to be doing any overclocking. 🙂

Are you reffering to the 4 pin older style conncetor that goes under mb?
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

qwertz wrote:
Are you reffering to the 4 pin older style conncetor that goes under mb?

No there is a 4 pin connector at the top of the motherboard by the 8 pin.

Craig wrote:
No there is a 4 pin connector at the top of the motherboard by the 8 pin.

The one on bottom (4 pin, older style) is for gpus if 3-4 gpus?
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

jekidwell
Level 7
I have connected the 8 pin and the 4 pin CPU headers on my Rampage V Extreme MOBO BUT my system is still shutting itself off !!! My Windows 10 Event log is filled with critical shutdown events. I have a support thread going on this. I have sent the MOBO to the local ASUS Service center and they said it checked out OK. They said they fixed the bad DDR4 memory edge connector BUT this MOBO is still shutting itself off !!! I will continue with ASUS Support. They told me they would escalate my case and I requested the contact information to the appropriate people. They have not provide this contact information yet.

How do I get this MOBO replaced? This MOBO is still under warranty !!!

ps: all of my overclocking is on hold until I get this system stable.
Rampage V Extreme
Intel 5930K @ 4400 MHz
CPU Cooled by Koolance EXOS 2.5 Radiator
Koolance CPU-380I Water Block
AMD R9 295x2 with stock hybrid cooler
16GB DDR4 Gskill DRAM F4-3000C15Q-16GRK
15-15-15-35 2T, 1.35 Vdc , clocked at 2400MHz
Corsair ATX 1200i Power Supply

BIOS 0901 is not the latest. Try flashing bios 2201.

3xxx versions of BIOS are unstable, and cause random reboots and USB ports failures, don't flash that.