Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751: GTX 980M + 100Hz IPS + G-SYNC

sk3tch
Level 7
A picture is worth a thousand words... :cool:

(click to enlarge)

More info: http://1pcent.com/?p=558

PCPer article: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Mobile-G-Sync-Confirmed-and-Tested-Leaked-Alpha-Driver
4710HQ, 980M // 5930K, 980 SC SLI // 4930K, 980 SC // 4770K, 290X Lightning // 1pcent.com
139 REPLIES 139

DeltaActual
Level 12
Interesting. Tell us more about G-SYNC install.
G614JV

cip_bleah
Level 7
Wow, this laptop gets better every day. G-sync working on the laptop display with the drivers from the link. Just install..
Smooth as butter in Shadow Of Mordor with everything ULTRA on 980m (HD texture pack).

xamoel
Level 7
Sounds too good to be true!

th3l34sh
Level 7
This is pure awesomeness! Holy crap!

Exostenza
Level 9
Installed and working for me!

I am scared to do 100hz though as I have not had a definitive answer whether it could cause damage to the screen or not. I have, however, been running at 75hz since the 347.09 nVidia drivers made it default for us.

th3l34sh
Level 7
So I did some reading and this seems sketchy. A lot of people are claiming that it only enables the option and doesn't "activate" anything.

Also the creator of NVIDIA inspector said that "only thing changed (in the modded drivers)is that (the modder) included the nvlddmkm.sys of R346.87, exactly that file byte per byte, not modded or anything."

But some people including the OP, claim that if your panel is connected via eDP(which our ROG is) then it works. He also uploaded some video proofs.

I'd suggest you guys set your refresh rate back to what it was and then see if its working or not. Because the "smoothness" y'all are feeling might just be due to high refresh rate.

NitroX
Level 10
Hmm, would the G-Sync be recognizable even at 60Hz ? Or do you actually have to set the refresh rate to 100Hz in order to see a difference ?
I wouldn't go as far as 100Hz for the monitor for a long period.

cip_bleah
Level 7
You leave the refresh rate at 75Hz, the native lg panel refresh it seems. G-sync does not require high refresh rates, it syncs the display on the lower ones 30-75 hz, it does not need to go higher to be smooth. With higher fps it will work just like vsync, on the lower ones, where vsync introduces stutter, it changes the refresh of the display dynamically to match the game fps.

d0r1n
Level 7
my LG lgd046c panel works at 60hz on g751jy from the start,after updates and installs it's still 60.
what panel do u have that works at 75 standard?