cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these boards meant to NOT function properly..? (Really need help, nvlddmkm error)

squall429
Level 7
Let me start off by saying I spent about $400+ on the Mobo and CPU that I bought and to have the first Mobo be DOA, and wait 2 weeks for Newegg to send me this one that seems to be having issues, has me infuriated...

Let me also tell you my old PC specs before upgrading.

ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard
Intel Core i7 950 @3.06Ghz
14GB DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX 660FTW 2GB
Corsair TX650W PSU

to

ASUS Maximus VII HERO Motherboard (obviously...)
Intel Core i5 4690k @3.50Ghz (3.80 Turbo)
12GB DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX 660FTW 2GB
Corsair TX650W PSU

Now that I've had this installed, I'm getting nothing but nvlddmkm errors of Code 13 and 14.

These crashes are scaring me because it pings at least 130 errors within a few seconds when I get the error. I've uninstalled Drivers, and reinstalled them all. I turned off all Auto crap in the AI Suite, tried bringing Voltage up on the GPU, etc etc.

I did however run a Windows Memory Test and it said there was issues with my RAM, BUT when I hit the MemOK! button it synced and fixed some voltages and I never got a bad test again. But I'm STILL having nvlddmkm driver crashes.

It mainly happens with Aion after a while or just at RANDOM when playing. It makes my screen and graphics get all screwed up and the only way to fix it is, locking my PC and unlocking it. Then there's the more scary ones when it gets so bad that my PC freezes, and sound freezes, so it sounds like my PC has a seizure for a few seconds, the mouse and keyboard freeze, and then I can move for about a second before it keeps doing it until I have to force reboot my system from the RESET switch.

While making an account on this forum, it just started to crash end freeze WITHOUT the game open now!!!! I really don't know what the damn issue can be at this point. If it's the Mobo, CPU, RAM or GPU or even PSU, but all I know is, I never had these issues until I installed this MOBO and CPU...

Please help guys, I'm goin' nuts over here...

Thanks.
48 REPLIES 48

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Your old system is irrelevant unless you didn't do a clean install of windows and if you didn't then you know what your problem is.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Puffnstuff wrote:
Your old system is irrelevant unless you didn't do a clean install of windows and if you didn't then you know what your problem is.

There are people who have done that and it still happened though.

I should also note that the issues I'm getting when I get error Code 13 are like 150 pings of different nvlddmkm error codes within seconds.

Sparax
Level 9
Hey Squall

What Graphics Drivers are you running ?
Is the Graphics Card Overclocked at all ?

A few things you could try in the mean time:

Downgrade your graphics driver to an earlier release ( i use 335.23 atm which seems pretty stable for me )
Increase the graphics cards voltage slightly
Set PhysX to your video card instead of the default Auto Select in the Nvidia Control panel

Increase the timeout detection recovery in the registry (Make a Backup before you change anything)

Use ”Run” and type ”regedit” then navigate to:
HKEYLOCALMACHINE > SYSTEM > Currentcontrolset > control > graphicsdrivers.
Right click ”graphicsdrivers”, click new >Dword, specify the name as TdrDelay and modify the value to 8

Sparax wrote:
Hey Squall

What Graphics Drivers are you running ?
Is the Graphics Card Overclocked at all ?

A few things you could try in the mean time:

Downgrade your graphics driver to an earlier release ( i use 335.23 atm which seems pretty stable for me )
Increase the graphics cards voltage slightly
Set PhysX to your video card instead of the default Auto Select in the Nvidia Control panel

Increase the timeout detection recovery in the registry (Make a Backup before you change anything)

Use ”Run” and type ”regedit” then navigate to:
HKEYLOCALMACHINE > SYSTEM > Currentcontrolset > control > graphicsdrivers.
Right click ”graphicsdrivers”, click new >Dword, specify the name as TdrDelay and modify the value to 8

Hey. My Graphics drivers are the latest from NVIDIA. These drivers worked fine on my old Mobo and CPU. I also downgraded to a driver before the new one that was stable on my old rig but not on the new one.

I increased Voltage as well and that never helped.

Card is factory Overclocked from EVGA but that was never an issue on my old RIG either.

I'll give the TDR a try now though.

squall429
Level 7
Also my card and CPU are NOT overheating. Just wanted to rule that out. CPU on almost max load is 60 degrees max, and my GPU hits 66 degrees even when I did a 30 min+ Stress test with Furmark.

squall429
Level 7
TdrDelay did nothing... still getting the crash...

squall429
Level 7
Hate to bump, but I'm desperate here. I called Corsair and EVGA. EVGA told me to completely uninstall my drivers and try version 314.22 and I'm still having issues...

Nate152
hello squall429

Try backing off the core speed a touch on your gpu and see if you still crash. The nvlddmkm is a gpu/driver crash.

Nate152 wrote:
hello squall429

Try backing off the core speed a touch on your gpu and see if you still crash. The nvlddmkm is a gpu/driver crash.

Hey man. I recently installed a very old stable driver and still having issues. 314.22 is the version I'm using now. EVGA Precision is acting weird now with that driver.

Also I should mention that 3D MARK will not run tests after Ice Storm. It gives me a DX11 HARD REMOVAL like error.