cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which RAM module I should buy - on G750 JX

kumarmayuresh
Level 7
Hello Community,

I am planning to install a new RAM module in my system G750 JX as it came with 24 GB RAM installed, though it support 32 GB RAM.

Can anyone please recommend which RAM module I should buy - which in long run will not cause any issue.

Wiil this > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9094154&CatId=11464 will be compatible with my system ?

Awaiting positive response.

Regards
Kumar
4 REPLIES 4

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Personally I find 16gb is more than enough for all the games you could possibly play, though if you want to go to the maximum, then follow me.. I have all the things for your nefarious needs..

Alright so basically the rule as I know it is the ram modules need to be low voltage due to the CPU we use, which is what you've linked. However you don't need performance ram tossed into the rig with the other three common sticks.

You can easily look at what you've got in your system by taking the back panel off and taking a peek at the module. OR you can go here: https://www.piriform.com/speccy And download Speccy to identify what the ram is.

Here's what I've got:

Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics
Max Bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part Number HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB
Serial Number 1369A70D
Week/year 38 / 13

Basically what you see similar to this (when you click the slot dropdown button under the RAM section) you'll be able to identify what you've got.

You don't STRICTLY need to match the modules, but I prefer to do so as I believe in manufacture matching.. kind of like using the same make batteries in the TV remote.

Your ram won't die anytime soon either, so you don't need to fork out the extra cash for extreme RAM modules like the HyperX.

kumarmayuresh
Level 7
Thanks for your guidance.

This is what I have got
Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Manufacturer Samsung
Max Bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part Number M471B1G73QH0-YK0
Serial Number 37201208
Week/year 48 / 13

So basically I can go for any RAM module with 1.35V and PC3-12800 (800 MHz).

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Kumar.

I believe its 1600 MHz but dual channel halves the value to 800 + 800 (calculating both channels).. but I am not completely sure. You want the 1600MHz one though I think then the Motherboard / CPU will tell the stick what it wants to do.

I do not know why, but some reason, I thought the Hyundai and Samsung ram modules were just el-cheapo manufactured modules, some reason they're on average around $120 dollars each which I find ridiculous.

I'm a little unsure as to why that HyperX is practically half the price of our stock RAM marketed, I cannot find a benchmark for it however.

I guess you could use the HyperX. Try to at least make sure the type (DDR3L), voltage (1.35v) and MHz (1600MHz) are the same as the ram that's going to be paired with it.

kumarmayuresh
Level 7
I installed Hyper X and its working great without any Issue.

Regards
Kumar 🙂