Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Express Gate

380mcn
Level 9
Asus Express Gate
I love it but i/it have/has issues:

1. is the battery life extended or is this a os.toy?
2. it would be great to change the resolution (fixed 1280x800 i think!)

3. i can't update. well 1 in 50 attempts it updates (small widgets, mp3 player) but most of the time it says Server not found.. (wireless is working, because chrome never displays time out message) is there any other way to update this os.thing any other way?

The asus update only works in windows, and says no update needed..
21 REPLIES 21

dstrakele
Level 14
I believe ASUS Express Gate is a BIOS extension to allow you to have limited functionality without having to access the Windows 7 OS. It's function is to speed up boot time and let you do some things without loading the OS. As such, I believe ASUS would have to provide the update to increase its functionality.

But hey - it's da bomb! ;>{)>
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I believe ASUS Express Gate is a BIOS extension to allow you to have limited functionality without having to access the Windows 7 OS. It's function is to speed up boot time and let you do some things without loading the OS. As such, I believe ASUS would have to provide the update to increase its functionality.

But hey - it's da bomb! ;>{)>

The one on the Support page is that latest in a long line of updates.

If it's "flawless" maybe it reached perfection. lol
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

380mcn
Level 9
in the alternate OS says there are updates (and i can check several items to update) but when i do it i just simply says 'cannot connect to server'..

dstrakele
Level 14
You are able to browse the internet in Chrome, correct?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

380mcn
Level 9
yes! and it works flawless

JRd1st
Level 12
I'm assuming the tp is active in ExpressGate, so it would be interesting to see if it goes haywire there, too.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
I'm assuming the tp is active in ExpressGate, so it would be interesting to see if it goes haywire there, too.

It did on one of the funky G74s I had. Only tried it briefly before the clean install....personally I don't get the point of it on a full-powered laptop like the G74 (I think it was really meant for those little EeePC things), but hey, to each his/her own.

PILGRIM
Level 11
Hi there, 380mcn.

How do you boot the Express Gate?

I've installed it before out of curiosity, but uninstalled it when I can't find the way to open it..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
Hi there, 380mcn.

How do you boot the Express Gate?

I've installed it before out of curiosity, but uninstalled it when I can't find the way to open it..

I beleive it is the button next to your power button.

Happy ROG_n
Doug