cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DisplayPort, Please help me

ashiphone6
Level 7
Hi everybody and thanks for your attention.
I have a problem with my monitor. when i use HDMI connection, all things are ok and my system works properly but when i use my
DisplayPort connection, my motherboard Q-code shows b1 and the monitor shows no signal and doesn't work. Please help me what to do to use my DisplayPort connection?

my system:
MB: rampage v extreme
VGA: ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
Monitor: ASUS PB287Q 4k resolution

thanks.
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hello ashiphone6

Have you installed the latest NVidia driver?

I have solved my problem in that way too.

TheOnlyDoor
Level 7
I have that same monitor. the problem for me was the mini displayport on my r9295x2.
Xfx had to send me a whole new card.
The other thing you can try are the best DP cables you can buy. Gold plated, best reviews, etc. You might have to try 2 or 3 different brands of cable.
If that dosent work then you'll have to RMA the monitor. If that still dosent work than its the DP ports on your 980.
I went through this with the PB287Q. I RMA the monitor, waited 4 weeks to get it back and.......same problem. RMAD the 295x2 and turns out all 4 mini displayport were dead on the card.
Total of 6 weeks of frustration to find the source of the no displayport error.
so it's iether the cable, the monitor, or the card.
Good luck......

ashiphone6
Level 7
yes, i installed the last driver but it doesn't work!. i think the cables are ok beacause when i change the HDMI with DP when the system is on, it works but after shut down or reboot it doesn't work again.

Rehok
Level 7
Have you tried rolling back the nVidia driver and see if that works?

ashiphone6
Level 7
yeah, it doesn't work when i press the start button. i think my graphic card is not compatible with 4k monitor by displyport beacause i test 770 g.card and it works good.

saloei
Level 7
I'm having a similar problem. My board is Maximus VII Hero with 4.7.2015 bios update. XFX r295X2 video card. Power supply Antec PRO 1200. I can't see anything when booting pc. Windows loads because I hear the Windows welcome jingle. I can even shut it down with my preconfigured shutdown key combination shortcut command. Any suggestions?

When I put back my AMD 6990, everything shows on my monitor and is ok. This is my 2nd card and still same problem.
I've picked up a Corsair 1500i. If this fixes my problem, I'll post results.

Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 6 Display me be cause due to many errr

Ipswicher
Level 7
Hi Ashiphone6

I have a Asus Radeon R9 280X DC2 3GD5 V2.

It has 2x DVI ports and 4x Display Ports. It has a hub built into the card.

I tried to use just the Display Ports for my 3 Monitors, but it just did not seem to work. So after some lengthy reading on that tech, I found that I should use a DVI port first, and then use the DP's as 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.

I suppose it depends on the card and what ports or converters you may have. DVI and HDMI are similar creatures.