cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the V Rampage wifi dectect wireless ac?

Xazur604
Level 7
So far I cannot setup how to detect ac wifi signals or if even can.
7 REPLIES 7

Raja
Level 13
If you have a router that is broadcasting on 802.11ac, the on-board WiFi is capable of connecting to it if in range.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
If you have a router that is broadcasting on 802.11ac, the on-board WiFi is capable of connecting to it if in range.

It is actually a big selling point for this board. The reception with the provided antenna is exemplary and I get a full 1300Mbits connect speed. Of course this is partnered with an Asus RT-AC68U which I am sure helps (as opposed to Netgear etc)

jonstatt wrote:
It is actually a big selling point for this board. The reception with the provided antenna is extemporary and I get a full 1300Mbits connect speed. Of course this is partnered with an Asus RT-AC68U which I am sure helps (as opposed to Netgear etc)

Hello

I get the same using a Netgear router.

Xazur604
Level 7
So yeh..... anyone know whats going on with mine? I have AC router and its broadcasting. I attach a ac usb adapter and it detects the ac signal fine, yet the mobo isn't. Whats going on? Any special stuff I have to setup/download?

Xazur604 wrote:
So yeh..... anyone know whats going on with mine? I have AC router and its broadcasting. I attach a ac usb adapter and it detects the ac signal fine, yet the mobo isn't. Whats going on? Any special stuff I have to setup/download?

I assume you connected the 3 antenna connections on the back panel. I also assume you have installed the Asus specific WiFi drivers for the R5E.

If both of those are true then a reason would be frequency compatibility issues. What channel have you got your router broadcasting on (e.g. 36,40,44,48,52,56,60,64,100,104,108,112 etc etc)? Try changing it to 36 which is a frequency supported in all regions.

Xazur604
Level 7
Bleh, after I installed the Wi-Fi drivers it showed up. I am just not used to having to downloading software for computers.

Chino
Level 15
The OS hardly comes with all the necessary drivers. Sometimes you need to get them yourself. That's what the included DVD and Support page is for. 😛