cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advices is i good for overclock, and is it good configuration...

mundiri
Level 7
Hello to everyone, i just registered so i have few questions about my configuratio i am willing to buy at the end of the month...
So i need some advice what i need to change and is it good...

So here are the specs:

Intel i7 4790k
Asus rog maximus VII ranger
Sapphire radeon r9 280x trix 3gb
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Noctua NH-D14
Kingston hyperX 3k series 240gb ssd
Corsair psu CX750
Ram kingston hyperx or corsair 8gb at 1866mhz
Hdd seagate 1tb at 7200rp 64mb

Thats it, so im open for some suggestions...Thanks 😄
17 REPLIES 17

Nate152
Hello mundiri and welcome

It all looks good what you've chosen but here is what I would do.

Comparing newegg prices you could get the cooler master seidon 240mm cpu cooler for 20.00 dollars more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103181&cm_re=seidon_240m-_-35-103-181-_-Pro...

Comparing newegg prices you could get this g.skill trident x 2400 MHz 8GB kit for the same price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231587&cm_re=trident_x_ram_8GB-_-20-231-587...

Here is a cheaper and a little faster ssd with a newer controller.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G2HZ1458&cm_re=850_evo-_-20-147-372-_-Product

Will you need an optical drive?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204&cm_re=asus_optical_drive-_-27-135-20...

How about an operating system?

mundiri
Level 7
Hi nate...
First of all, im from serbia, so the newegg doesn't ship to serbia, and if they ship there is customs provision, for more then the 50$, and in my country that liquid cooling is like 120 euros, cause we are poor country with big prices...yea i know its funny 😄
For the ram memory cause cpu cooler it cant go with high profile ram memory, that a little bit of disvantage of noctua nh-d14...
Hmm optical drive, i dont need it at start i guess, cause its all been doing with flash memory and that kinda stuff...
And for operating system Windows 7 64-bit of course...

And tell me one more thing is this motherboard good, with performance and a little bit for overclock maybe???
I first wanted ga-z87-oc but i read that is older chipset there, so it may cause some problems in work...

Nate152
Sorry about that I was unaware you lived in another country.

yeah the maximus vii ranger is a good board, you will be able to overclock with it. Your noctua cooler should do a pretty good job too., I see you getting 4.6GHZ - 4.8GHz.

mundiri
Level 7
Okey, i think about changing nh-d14 to nh-d15, its a 10e difference...

Thanks, the main thing i wanted to know was about my motherboard, is she good enough...
I will need you when i get my computer to help me with a bit of overclock 😄

Nate152
yeah you're board will do fine, if and when you need help overclocking just start a thread in the overclocking section.

Antronman
Level 10
If all you're doing is gaming, swap the i7-4790k for an i5-4690k, and if possible after this get an R9 290 instead of the 280x.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

mundiri
Level 7
Hi antronman...

I want to buy that pc for design, and such stuff, i dont need much for gaming on ultra settings, of course there will be some games, but its primary is for design and work....
Btw, thx for advice, and if i understood if u do gaming its better to have stronger gpu, then the proccessor, right???

Antronman
Level 10
Yeah, it is much better to have a stronger GPU.

If it's for 3D design, and that is your profession don't buy a gaming card. Buy a Quadro workstation card.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

mundiri
Level 7
Its not for the 3D design, its how to explain... some medium design if u understand...

And i fit this into my budget, so if i needed better gpu performance, i may buy other card, or put 1 more in crossfire...

I really like geforce 780ti but in my country they dont sell it 😕
And its too expensive for me right now 🙂