cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARS 760 x 2 + EVGA 760 FTW

BlameHoffmann
Level 7
Hey,

I have a friend who is selling his EVGA GTX 760 FTW Edition GPU for a pretty good price and I am curious if it is compatible to SLI with my current card.

Current build:

GPU: ROG MARS (760 x 2) - 2 GPUs 1 card
Mobo: MAXIMUS VII Hero
CPU: i7 2790k

So I am curious if I will be able to SLI the Mars 760 x 2 with a EVGA 760 FTW, and will I run into any problems / is it even worth it?
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hello BlameHoffman and welcome

If his card has the same amount of Vram and the same amount of cores as the mars 760 it will work. What will determine if it's worth it or not is your monitors resolution.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello BlameHoffman and welcome

If his card has the same amount of Vram and the same amount of cores as the mars 760 it will work. What will determine if it's worth it or not is your monitors resolution.

Well the Mars 760 has two GPUs on one card. But they're both 760 GPUs. So I would just be adding a third 760 GPU. Not sure about the RAM. I'll check.

Nate152
Oh well in that case if the mars is a dual gpu you are running quad sli already, therefore you will not be able to add another gpu.

Nate152 wrote:
Oh well in that case if the mars is a dual gpu you are running quad sli already, therefore you will not be able to add another gpu.

Sorry, MARS 760 x 2 is the name. I'm not running two of them. I only have one MARS. Just 2 GPUs

More Info:

MARS 760 x 2

Memory
Bus Width: 512 bit
Memory Speed: 6004 MHz
Memory Technology: GDDR5 SDRAM
Standard Memory: 4 GB

EVGA GTX 760 FTW

Memory
Bus Width: 256 bit
Memory Speed: 6008 MHz
Memory Technology: GDDR5 SDRAM
Standard Memory: 4 GB

Nate152

Nate152

BlameHoffmann
Level 7
Dang, that sucks. Do you know why it won't work?

Thank you for your help.

Nate152
You're welcome

Sorry for the late response.

When running sli the gpu's have to be identical, they can be different manufacturers and different clock speeds but that's it, everything else has to be the same.