cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to up grade my ASUS G60J laptop. Have some few questions PLZ HELP IF YOU CAN

Retired
Not applicable
Hi this is my first actual post on these boards though ive lurked for quite a bit. I have had this G60Jx for a bit now, and I am trying to upgrade the graphics card.

Now I saw a G73JH video card that I was about to purchase, however the seller told me that this card wouldnt work for my G60J. Is that true? is there anything I can do to change that? And where else should I look for cards besides Ebay? Its so hard finding them.

Thank you soo much for anyone who has made the effort to read through all this and aide me in this endeavour. Hope to hear from you all soon!
4 REPLIES 4

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Many laptop graphics cards are not upgradeable....they're embedded onto the motherboard. So the first thing to do is determine definitively whether an upgrade is physically possible. After that, you need to find out what cards are actually compatible with your M/B and BIOS. If it's upgradeable, you're most likely looking at other GPUs of roughly the same generation, just faster speeds.

PS: Thought of a suggestion. Try finding an Owners' Lounge for your model over on NoteBookReview. That would be a good place to find any techie owners who know a lot about that particular machine and the mod options that are available.

Retired
Not applicable
my friend and i opened it up and it seemed like it was able to be taken off. How would you find out what card is compatible?

380mcn
Level 9
i really think you you want to upgrade you should buy a new one! that's the fastest and easy way to upgrade.. brodyboy said it well: you're most likely looking at other GPUs of roughly the same generation, just faster speeds. and if they aren't chances of getting that thing run are minimal because the bios would not know how to operate the card..

JRd1st
Level 12
I agree, a new laptop is in the cards for you, my friend. 😉
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com