cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G751JT, Some questions :)

RMXM
Level 7
So eventually I liked this laptop so much that even after 2 consecutive models with issues out of the box like annoying dead pixels
and so on I went for another G751JT with 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD and the Nvidia 970M.

So far this model was great except for one pixel that seems to be blue not white or black and I notice it only at the windows logo
boot screen, do you guys think I can get rid of that like with some YT video for fixing pixels or something?

Some light bleed in the lower right corner but also not really noticeable or maybe it's not even there and it's just me paranoid after the first 2 with that issue. But other then that it is amazing!

One thing I am a bit concerned about is the SSD I never had a laptop with one so not very sure how stuff work but right before the windows logo I get a upper left small line that seems to turn on and off there more then at the first windows reinstall (did 2)
Is it cause of something I pressed like boot order or something I pressed some buttons until I managed to boot from dvd.

Also when I partitioned and choose to install windows on ssd it created just one system eserved partition instead of all those with 128mb, 90 mb and so on and instead made one of 300mb is that wrong?

Some help regarding the SSD and partition thing would really be appreciated ^^
2 REPLIES 2

RMXM
Level 7
*bump*

A_Deviant_Hero
Level 7
I am looking at getting a G751JT as well, and this thread is slightly worrying regarding pixel problems. Though I don't even know if I could truly notice because I am not familiar with high quality laptops - this'll be my first gaming/high performance laptop.

One question that I did have is with regards to the screen, do all G751JT models come with IPS FHD (1920x1080) anti-glare screen? Or are some model variants equipped with a different screen (with no IPS or what have you)?

I have only done internet research so far, and still need to go to the local Best Buy to ensure that a 17.3" laptop is something that I will enjoy, or if it'll blow me away with that big of a screen.