cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield hardline beta stuttering with the gtx 980m

insiZion1
Level 8
Hi guys..i know its only a beta but is any one having issues with random stutters which last a couple of seconds ingame?
Ive checked the bf forums and have noticed a couple of other g751 owners experiencing the same thing. Very frustrating to say the least.
Anyone know a workaround to this please feel free...

thx
16 REPLIES 16

Walleye
Level 8
Same here... G751JY 980M

Mark3
Level 8
Greetings All,

I apologize that you are having issues with Battlefield. It looks to be a great game, and I can't wait to play the full version. Regarding the problem itself, this game is in a beta state and has not been optimized to work with the card and its drivers. The best response for this is to contact EA directly and report the issue. This way, when the full game is released, they may have a fix for it.

Best,

Mark
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

kb0sdq
Level 10
Howdy,
I played hardline past couple days but did not have a stuttering issue. Game ran pretty good for a beta release
as far as the game is concerned I still like BF4 to hardline but anyhow,
Happy ROG_n
Doug

boci13
Level 7
Same problem here (G751JY with 980m) maybe will fixed in the final

Mark3
Level 8
Out of curiosity, may I see a video of the stuttering?
Did this issue only happen with this game?
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

Walleye
Level 8
I don't have a video of it, but about once a minute or once every two minutes, my screen freezes for about two to three seconds then resumes. It does not matter if it's on Ultra settings (I get 85-95 FPS) or low settings still the same.

I did do some research into my secondary hard drive, I replaced the 7200 1TB that came with the system with a Samsung Evo 840 1TB. I have read that some suspect that drive as having issues with the game. That being said I disabled that drives "RAPID" mode which made no difference...

I'm not knocking ASUS or my G751JY at all ( I love my screaming fast 751, it just replaced a g750JX which was also awesome) ... it plays almost everything else on ultra settings and doesn't miss a beat...

Anyway it will be interesting to see what ends up being the cause, if we ever find out... Sickens me that low end systems that some of my buddies have run it great (on low) and although mine looks beautiful, it still stutters for 3 seconds every 90 of game play...

And there is no common thread when... at amp start, in battle,. out of battle, all maps...

They were also looking to a memory leak, but that would be happening to more people than those with the 980m... now it could also be that those who spend for the 980m are ore likely to spend for something like a ssd secondary, max out ram, etc... so who knows what it really is.

Same issue here... with just this game. I created a gameplay movie if you want I can upload...

Hello,

same here. Game run very smooth but has a hick up from time to time. Loading screen gameplay... just freese one second... 😞
Bf4 doenst this not.

DeltaActual
Level 12
FIX
Uninstall or stop Asus GameFirst3
G614JV