cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 0 SSD's wont automatically boot / install in EUFI mode on Win 7

dpoverlord
Level 8
Hey guys,

I have spent hours on this already... when I install windows I load the INTEL RST drivers and no matter what I do it will not install unless I format it in the windows install. My boot settings are the same as the guide and I have it set to UEFI driver first. However, it seems to be installing it not as a UEFI drive. So the problem is when I turn on the computer it loads the Raid controllor (where I push CTRL-I) then goes to the bios page where I need to go to other boot options and select it.

There has to be a better way.. I had originally formatted the drive in the bios but when I did this, windows would not install with some weird error about the partition

Also, I have 3 new WD Red 4TB drives and needs to transfer the 3 3TB to the new ones... I downloaded WD Acronis true image for cloning one to the next and transfer 2.9tb its on hour 7h in a non Windows environment and says it's going to be another 5... Then 7... Then 12

There has to be a fast way...... Any ideas? At this rate ill be dead. (^_-)

1 REPLY 1

Saltgrass
Level 13
OK, you set up the RAID and the system restarted and you booted into the UEFI version of Windows 7 SP1?

I don't use Acronis, so can't help much but if you explain your old and new configuration, someone else may be able to help. If you are going from a Legacy install to a UEFI install, it might be a problem.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200