cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poseidon 980 availabilty

CrazyDiamondFL
Level 7
Is there anywhere that has 3 of these? I've looked everywhere...memoryexpress has 2 but that's Canada...anywhere in the US?
24 REPLIES 24

Nate152

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
watch out for NCIX pricing that same card at my local ncix has been sitting on the shelf since release. It was originally priced at $719
then went to $749 and now it sits at $799. they will not price match. I wold wait for Newegg to get more stock

CrazyDiamondFL
Level 7
I would prefer a US seller to avoid the high shipping.

Nate152
Check this out CrazyDiamondFL

This is the NCIX - U.S. site

http://www.ncixus.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=gtx+980+poseidon

The price for the poseiedon 980 here is 639.99 , at the moment it looks like only 2 are in stock.

Trucido
Level 7
I'd like to know about Poseidon stock too... Newegg and Amazon couldn't tell me a darn thing about when they might get more, IF they even will. Was this a limited production run to get rid of all the unsold 780 Poseidons? It reuses the same cooler. Or simply a supply/demand issue? Are there even more on the way to retailers/etailers? Called Asus and their support was useless as usual.

Newegg doesn't even have it listed in search anymore, live chat says that usually means 2+ weeks if they will restock. "This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked." http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121909 I have $700 in store credit from returning my 970's there...

Also, that NCIX site says "Usually ships in 5-8 business days." wtf. and the real time stock checker says zero now.

Currently stuck on intel iGPU waiting, sigh...

Gawlron
Level 7
If you shop US, with the dollar being so low, you might pay more for it. Food for thought.

EDIT: For some reason I thought the OP was in Canada looking to buy from a US Retail. Not sure why I thought that, sorry for the confusion.

However, the CDN is on the down right now, US customers might be able to find some deals north of the border.

This post also has no correlation of stock levels - not sure how someone would connect buying power with stock levels.
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP

Trucido
Level 7
I don't see how US Dollar value has anything to do with this not being in stock anywhere. the MATRIX and STRIX are in stock, just not the Poseidon.

Trucido wrote:
I don't see how US Dollar value has anything to do with this not being in stock anywhere. the MATRIX and STRIX are in stock, just not the Poseidon.

For some reason, I thought the OP was from Canada. The CDN is in a bit of a slump, so buying from Canada might be cheaper - but I doubt it. And I never made any association with USD and stock levels... that doesn't even make any sense.
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP

Trucido
Level 7
well Newegg apparently put in an order for Poseidons on January 12th, and has no ETA on when/if they will arrive.

@Asus, can you give an update on this? Are there supply/demand problems or manufacturing difficulties? When might we expect more Poseidons here in the US? all retailers here have none it seems.