Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

New G501 (for those who were waiting for the GX500)

New ROGer Array

Thank you Marshall. When might specs be available? And when might they ship? 13 months since GX500 announcement! I'm sure you'd rather be reading us talk about how awesome these machines are instead of answering "when, where, how much" questions.
    Last edited by Travoli; 02-04-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by Travoli View Post
    Thank you Marshall. When might specs be available? And when might they ship? 13 months since GX500 announcement! I'm sure you'd rather be reading us talk about how awesome these machines are instead of answering "when, where, how much" questions.
    Specs release and media review date are tied to Nvidia NDA on upcoming 900 series GPU, which is currently ~March time. Shipping date should be around this time, although as usual some regions will follow others; US is usually first tier though Certainly in Q2 - we're testing tidying up an almost finished product internally now.

New ROGer Array

Is it going to be based on Intel's Broadwell ?!! Cant wait to see the full specs !!!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

My spec supposition:
    Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

I really like option to buy with FHD instead of UHD and I'm looking forward to see if this is really true:
    "It’s now the coolest and quietest thin and light gaming notebook on the market!"

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Or a 965m? I thought it was released but i haven't seen any laptop with it yet.

ROG Member Array

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    Specs release and media review date are tied to Nvidia NDA on upcoming 900 series GPU, which is currently ~March time. Shipping date should be around this time, although as usual some regions will follow others; US is usually first tier though Certainly in Q2 - we're testing tidying up an almost finished product internally now.
    Upcoming 900 series? I thought i had seen laptops all over the place with 970s and 980s already. Been waiting for this laptop a while now.

New ROGer Array

Soooooooo could you maybe just computer-whisper a price point? or could you confirm or deny secretly to any of my guesses: 1700, 1800, 2000? I'm just going to be gettin an asus super soon, but I'm trying to hold on for the G501 if it's not too expensive. It looks like a beast.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I'm quite curious about how this small gaming laptop will perform. I don't want to ruin the image of it but considering that ASUS made such a bad job with the cooling on the G751 which is a freaking monster compared to this I do wonder how could they be serious about this thin laptop actually put up with hardware like the i7-4710 or even i7-4720 which will build even more heat.

I don't quite believe this whole marketing thing because they did the same thing with the G751&G551 and look at them now. " This upgraded design delivers exceptional thermal efficiency to ensure system stability, keeping CPU and GPU temperatures low even under overclocking conditions." they said.. Yeah I could see that. It went to 90C in mid winter at 20C in the room with no OC -_-... (source: http://www.asus.com/News/jZ3tJOGRCTO4bdCS)

So, if ASUS would really be able to make this tiny gaming laptop be cooler than the G751 then there is something very wrong with their engineering team. I like the whole idead of a small form factor gaming laptop, but look at MSI/Gigabyte/Schenker, they all have lightweight gaming laptops which have problems with high temps. I don't really have such high hopes from ASUS to break the ice with a much cooler lightweight gaming laptop.

Sorry for my pessimism Marshall but I think you know even better how these things with product image works. Especially before they release a new product.

ROG Enthusiast Array

The G751 cooling system is incredible. 90C is well within the thermal limits of the processor - and all heat is exhausted out of the back and there are no thermal issues from the bottom - I.E. you can actually put this laptop on your lap during intense gaming/etc.

Name another laptop with similar specs that is better designed cooling-wise?
    4710HQ, 980M // 5930K, 980 SC SLI // 4930K, 980 SC // 4770K, 290X Lightning // 1pcent.com

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast