cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G501 (for those who were waiting for the GX500)

X-ROG
Level 15
235 REPLIES 235

Travoli
Level 7
Thank you Marshall. When might specs be available? And when might they ship? 13 months since GX500 announcement! I'm sure you'd rather be reading us talk about how awesome these machines are instead of answering "when, where, how much" questions.

Travoli wrote:
Thank you Marshall. When might specs be available? And when might they ship? 13 months since GX500 announcement! I'm sure you'd rather be reading us talk about how awesome these machines are instead of answering "when, where, how much" questions.

Specs release and media review date are tied to Nvidia NDA on upcoming 900 series GPU, which is currently ~March time. Shipping date should be around this time, although as usual some regions will follow others; US is usually first tier though 😉 Certainly in Q2 - we're testing tidying up an almost finished product internally now.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Specs release and media review date are tied to Nvidia NDA on upcoming 900 series GPU, which is currently ~March time. Shipping date should be around this time, although as usual some regions will follow others; US is usually first tier though 😉 Certainly in Q2 - we're testing tidying up an almost finished product internally now.

Upcoming 900 series? I thought i had seen laptops all over the place with 970s and 980s already. Been waiting for this laptop a while now.

Soooooooo could you maybe just computer-whisper a price point? or could you confirm or deny secretly to any of my guesses: 1700, 1800, 2000? I'm just going to be gettin an asus super soon, but I'm trying to hold on for the G501 if it's not too expensive. It looks like a beast.

CumBoat420 wrote:
Soooooooo could you maybe just computer-whisper a price point? or could you confirm or deny secretly to any of my guesses: 1700, 1800, 2000? I'm just going to be gettin an asus super soon, but I'm trying to hold on for the G501 if it's not too expensive. It looks like a beast.

I suspect, if the price of the NX500 is anything to go buy, that it'll be around that price range in UK pounds sterling I.e. US dollar price more than this...

CumBoat420 wrote:

I'd say it will be around $2,400 upon release, if you compare it to its current competitors.

Killar wrote:
I'd say it will be around $2,400 upon release, if you compare it to its current competitors.

So about £1,550 in theory, though computer stuff in the UK is usually more expensive due to VAT (a sales tax at 20%), so that would likely be more like £1,800...

Arulmani
Level 7
Is it going to be based on Intel's Broadwell ?!! Cant wait to see the full specs !!!!!

Arulmani wrote:
Is it going to be based on Intel's Broadwell ?!! Cant wait to see the full specs !!!!!

Yeah I'm wondering about this too. Broadwell is pretty much the new standard for laptops. Combine it with the 900-series from Nvidia, and we'll have the perfect balance between power and battery-life.
i5 4670K || Hyper 212 Evo || Maximus VI Hero || Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 || Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB || CM V750S || Asus VG248QE 144 Hz || Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 1600 || NZXT H440 (Black/Red) || Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit